• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Oldest Driver in Da Bag?

The oldest Driver in my bag is how old

• Total voters
I am now the proud owner of a 10x KC Pro Cheetah.
SWEET!!!!!!!!
It may be a mid-range or fairway driver to some people, but to me it's $$$ off the tee.

I have 2 discs in my bag that are 13 plus years old. The first is a cyclone that I got my one and only ace with. I almost lost it a few weeks back and after that I thought about taking it out, but it would be a shame because I use it all the time, so it stays in. The second is a stingray that is the flippy disc in my bag, I use it for tight right shots off the tee only. It's come in handy that's for sure.

Oldest disc I use,every now and then, a recently found Jaguar,a.k.a. "The dinner plate" for you new players. I was helping my brother move about a month ago and found a handful of discs' I gave him when I started. I told him I'm keeping it! that's what I'm charging for helping him move. The stamp has "P.D.G.A. Approved disc golf 1991". In no way,now, is this a driver. But I believe it was when it came out. I also have a recently purchased,out of our clubs lost & found, a Scorpion. It's stamp also has "P.D.G.A. Approved Disc Golf" on it bit no year.

I have a nice goto esp avenger SS(about 5 years old)....the disc is the ultimate sky anhyzer disc...and it can also make unreal late anhyzer turns if thrown right for the 300 foot holes that bend hard right after 150-200 feet...only disc I trust to make the shot.

It is amazing how durable esp is...as this disc is timeless:thmbup:

I have an old fairway driver - a Cheetah - that I've had for almost a decade. It only recently found its way back into the bag for tight fairways. I give up distance to throw from the fairway these days...

Right now in my bag - about a year. Not because I lose discs, I'm just always trying new ones. I used 10 year old discs for a few years.

x-clones (out of production)

I've got two oooooold x-clones I got from my dad. They are the discs I learned to throw with (sidearm) and were the only thing I would throw until about a year ago when I started picking up a backhand as well. They are still my go to discs for my sidearm although I've moved on to using a beast when possible to prolong their lives. If anyone has any x-clones lying around I would love to buy them or trade for them :D

P.S. I used to have a third one but I lost it =(
And my dad got them when he was a teen (30 or so years ago) and he used them too, so they have been around for quite a while. Collectively we have a really large number of old drivers, especially original mold cyclones(my dad's favorite disc)

The problem with Xclones is that they beat in so quick.. I always wished they made a preium plastic Clone, that would be sweet.

I guess my oldest is my 78 mold from about 1994. Totally beat but great for short to medium turnovers and when you're stuck in the brush and can only reach out and snap a quick backhand. (Yeah, I know, pretty specific, but a good disc to have when you play in a lot of wooded courses.)

Driver? 01 CE TL
Mids 2 rocs San Marino from 1991 MD States
Putters 2 beadless aviars from between '85-'87

Star Teebird. 1st driver i ever bought back in 2003. Just now getting a little understable.. i did take 4 years off.. ( and so did it) from disc golf.