• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One day in Portland

Loved the front of Blue Lake. The back seemed like a "how do we get back to the lot? Oh, 920 foot holes." Had fun. Drinking beer at Wayfinder right now.

What are those smooth red berries growing on what looks like blackberry vines?

Rosehips? Cotoneaster?

Looking like rosehips. Do roses grow wild in and amongst the blackberries.

Wild roses (Rosa nutkana) do grow throughout Oregon, yes. Here's a nice pic of the rosehips, if it helps:

ros_nut_jko_hipsmall.jpg

Source: http://www.nwplants.com/business/catalog/ros_nut.html

Can't remember but that was not the name. I think it was east of I-5 just a bit in a basic neighborhood.

BTW, I really, really hope to play at Dexter this September. It's still my fave OR course!

If you want a bigger tourney experience, the Eugene Celebration will be at Dexter and Stewart Pond September 8th and 9th. :) Or if you just wanted to play Dexter, make sure to avoid those two days (the course will be closed). ;)

If you are ever in the Eugene area, I'd be happy to give you a tour of a local course or two, too. :)

Pier was my favorite of the weekend, and one of my favorite course I've ever played. Without question my favorite wooded course. While Hornings had some epic holes, I did not care for the golf overall. Glad I played those-would never play again. Of that style, I actually liked LL Stub Stewart a little more. Needed one more day.

Pier was my favorite of the weekend, and one of my favorite course I've ever played. Without question my favorite wooded course. While Hornings had some epic holes, I did not care for the golf overall. Glad I played those-would never play again. Of that style, I actually liked LL Stub Stewart a little more. Needed one more day.

I'm glad you enjoyed Portland. Pier is definitely amazing, and your thoughts on it echo what many ppl (myself included) feel about that course. I also really like LL Stub. Both are great courses
Did u make it to Milo?

Last edited:
I'm glad you enjoyed Portland. Pier is definitely amazing, and your thoughts on it echo what many ppl (myself included) feel about that course. I also really like LL Stub. Both are great courses
Did u make it to Milo?

No, that tournament situation derailed that idea.

What else did you play?

I love having Pier as my home course. I will never ever tire of it.

What else did you play?

I love having Pier as my home course. I will never ever tire of it.

16 holes at Blue Lake, the two highest rated at Horning's Hideout and L.L. Stub Stewart because that other course out that way was also having a tournament. I had a bounce and glide at Stub Stewart down a hill so bad I almost didn't even try to go find it lol

Yeah, Pier as a home course would be pretty sweet.

16 holes at Blue Lake, the two highest rated at Horning's Hideout and L.L. Stub Stewart because that other course out that way was also having a tournament. I had a bounce and glide at Stub Stewart down a hill so bad I almost didn't even try to go find it lol

Yeah, Pier as a home course would be pretty sweet.

You have to have a spotter at Stub. Beautiful course, but treacherous off the fairways.

Buxton Woods!! You missed it, my personal favorite course.

Favorite local Beer/Brewery?

You have to have a spotter at Stub. Beautiful course, but treacherous off the fairways.

Buxton Woods!! You missed it, my personal favorite course.

Favorite local Beer/Brewery?

Yeah, when we saw no spaces to park at Buxton, we should have known to just turn around. Almost got my rental stuck in the mud.

Crux Pilz

Did you play pier more than once, or throw multiples off the tees?

Cool course huh!

Are you the same Mung I've met over on the OFB at TigerDroppings?

Yes, same one. Mung all over the internets, TD, BCKFC, NCKA, etc. Currently locked out of TD though. They discriminate against liberals over there. :)

Latest posts