• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One hole "course"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffmonty

* Ace Member *
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=10635

This isn't even listed as a practice area. "Mostly flat. Lightly wooded. One hole "permanent" course. By the way, the one hole is 100'. At least it's at a Brewery.

If this becomes the standard, can everyone with a practice basket in his back yard list it as a course?

**off to post in the 'things that make me irrationally upset' thread, lol.

Standards flew out the flipping window at DGCR when little p-say @ss b!tch putting places with holes measuring under 100 feet were allowed to be called courses instead of the little poosy @ss b!tch practice areas that they really are.

Since DGCR won't define much less enforce any minimum definition of a "course" or "practice area", this "one hole course" is indeed the penultimate insulting result of DGCR's pathetic lack of standards.

And now out of the woodwork, watch the fanboys of poo-say @ss b!tch less than 75 feet long holes in putting areas come gush about how cool these little b!tch putting areas are actual courses!

It's like putting Bubba's Putt-Putt in the same category as Augusta National!!!

GET SOME F#%KING STANDARDS DISC GOLF COURSE REVIEW!!! NOW!!!!

Or two?

Or JimB maybe you could make it 2 1-hole courses. I'll be swinging through Cumberland in the next two months and want to pad my bagging total. Maybe I can get Paw Paw listed as 36 1-hole courses?

Standards flew out the flipping window at DGCR when little p-say @ss b!tch putting places with holes measuring under 100 feet were allowed to be called courses instead of the little poosy @ss b!tch practice areas that they really are.

Since DGCR won't define much less enforce any minimum definition of a "course" or "practice area", this "one hole course" is indeed the penultimate insulting result of DGCR's pathetic lack of standards.

And now out of the woodwork, watch the fanboys of poo-say @ss b!tch less than 75 feet long holes in putting areas come gush about how cool these little b!tch putting areas are actual courses!

I like to nominate this as the craziest over reactionary rant of the year. One step closer to the edge and he is about to break.

Trust in timg.

And he completely misused the word "penultimate"

It means "next-to-last" not whatever in the world it was trying to be used for in that diarrhea of the keyboard

Sorry for THAT rant - people who use big words to sound smart and clever when it's clear they have no idea what the word means really grinds my gears (roll flashback scene)

Even in far below 'whatever ought to be the DGCR standard' terms, if there aren't at least two holes, you can't can't call it a course.

I would be willing to call a 1 hole location an actual course if we could rate courses 4.25 or 4.75. Of course, I would do anything for that.

And he completely misused the word "penultimate"

It means "next-to-last" not whatever in the world it was trying to be used for in that diarrhea of the keyboard

Sorry for THAT rant - people who use big words to sound smart and clever when it's clear they have no idea what the word means really grinds my gears (roll flashback scene)

I'd hate to think there is one more ultimate insult to the guy that would make him rant even more.

the term "standards" in this post is ironic.

Well I, for one, think it's great. As soon as I can think up names for all the baskets in my yard, I'm going to really boost my course total. Then go for the world record for most courses played in an hour.

I don't know why, but you just reminded me of a guy I ran into while walking back to my car after a night round at Clyde Fant in Shreveport. He said that he had never played a lit course before. He said he was from Arkansas and that there was a course with a 6000 ft. hole. He looked a lot like the actor John Malkovick(spelled wrong?) I just figured he meant a 6000 ft. course. This was 10 yrs ago when 6000 ft. was considered to be among the longer courses. Now, not so much.

A 6,000 foot hole might qualify as a 1-hole course. It would take me longer to play than a local 9-holer.

Demand a refund.

It is listed as a "Practice Area", and very cart friendly.

I see it's listed as a practice area now. It wasn't when I posted, lol. Thanks, Mods. Good hotel options close by too.

Okay, this is a stretch, but say you had one basket, and scattered 9 separate teepads around it with the shortest pad being about 250', longest 400'. Maybe you could almost call it a course. Almost. But the rating would take a serious hit due to the long walks between holes. :D

Sorry my post triggered MikeK.

I see it's listed as a practice area now. It wasn't when I posted, lol. Thanks, Mods. Good hotel options close by too.

Okay, this is a stretch, but say you had one basket, and scattered 9 separate teepads around it with the shortest pad being about 250', longest 400'. Maybe you could almost call it a course. Almost. But the rating would take a serious hit due to the long walks between holes. :D

Sorry my post triggered MikeK.

Now that the HBH thread has slowed down a little, we'll take our entertainment anywhere we can get it. :hfive:

Well I, for one, think it's great. As soon as I can think up names for all the baskets in my yard, I'm going to really boost my course total. Then go for the world record for most courses played in an hour.

Ya know, I'm thinking one basket and a multitude of tees would make it easier. Each tee-to-basket combo is a course, so you could have sooooo many courses right there in the yard.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.