• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One of the best "clinic" videos I've seen

RHINESEL

Double Eagle Member
Thanks DGM for this great video. Learned a lot of new things that I haven't seen highlighted before.

Few spotlights: 17 min 30 sec about toe-heel-toe for right foot (RHBH), 24 min 15 sec about kicking behind and "holding" onto pole for putt, 24 min 50 sec for squaring up hips on putt.

Also, focusing on gripping with the base of the thumb. I've heard of this before but forgot all about it.

Can't wait for the snow to melt on the practice field to try some of this out.

Dave seems like a smart guy and a good teacher. There are so many small pieces to the throw that it's just flat out hard to explain it all. Takes a lot of individual effort on the part of the students (us non-world champs) to put together the whole puzzle.

I just hope people don't focus on the heel pivot too much and overlook other more important aspects of the throw...

Yea i watched this video last night and really enjoyed it.its so hard to put it all together though.

I already added a 100' to my drive just from watching that. Seriously, Dave seems like a great teacher. Good for him.

This is why I really wish the PDGA would tone down the whole NT affair and bring things back to the regional level. I think some of these pros could really earn the same amount (if not more) by doing clinics and private lessons while competing in regional tournaments on the weekends.

Seriously though, how much would you pay for an hour 1 on 1 private lesson with a pro? Dave may not be my favorite on the course, but I have to admit he has a good knack for breaking down the throw and translating into language the average player can understand.

If i had a chance for one and one lesson only id pay at least 50 an hour(one on one lesson).dave is one of two of my favorites on the tour.when i mimicked his putting style i shaved considerable strokes off my game.my other favorite is none other than ken climo.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that. I can throw 300-340 and I'm neglecting a ton of the little things. Can't wait to hit the field out behind my house and start working on that see if I can get that D up.

Do you know of any videos that good for putting?

I have been working on the heel pivot ever since.

I noticed the heel pivot first in the discraft long distance drive video.i tried it for a while and kept getting a long turnover shot.i think im goon try again and move a little slower.

I watched this video earlier today. Went in the field and worked awhile on it. Then I played two rounds. My average over 20 rounds at my home course is 61. I shot a 56 and a 58. My personal best there is a 55. The only thing I was focusing on really was the heel pivot. When executed properly(actually was successful the majority of the time) it really helped me with the shape of my lines.

I think I figured out what I was doing wrong when I was having off days. Now I JUST need to work on my runup.