• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Online Vendors comparison

Olorin

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
With the plethora of choices available of where to buy DG equipment online I thought it would help to do a comparison of online vendors. It's not often readily apparent, but the shipping costs vary quite a bit, and this obviously affects the overall price.

You can find a comparison of online vendors that I did in 2005 at Disc Golf Resources.

NOTE: This was done in 2005, so it won't include the newest vendors. Also, it was done by comparing the prices of a Gateway bag. One result is to show who has a wide variety of merchandise, but it doesn't include other major vendors such as Revolution, or Innova since they obviously don't carry Gateway products.

Wiki

Documents such as this online vendor comparison and my Bag buyer's guide would be ideal candidates to be updated and improved by collaboration of many people at a wiki. I'd like to look into it, but I'm just learning about wikis myself, and I don't have any really good info at the moment. I wonder if someone out there has any suggestions along these lines?

I can't seem to get those links to work for me, even after submitting my email.

Do you have a Yahoo account? You'll have to join the group in order to view the files.

Try clicking on the main DG Resources link in my signature and see what happens.

I just checked the link and it works for me, but I have to login to Yahoo.

SO far I have had great success with marshallstreetdiscgolf.com, DiscGolfCentral.com, sunkingdiscs.com & DiscNation.com. I have had no complaints at all.

I've had good luck with Disc Golf Values in CA -- it only sells Innova, but often has great prices on the X-out discs. Mark Molinar out there has always been helpful and responsive. I keep going back mainly because X-Out Champion Teebirds have been $8/each for the last 18 months, and since Champion Teebirds are my favorite overall driver, it's hard to resist adding to the backups when they are that cheap. And I've never had a noticeable imperfection in the disc that affected its flight -- usually its just a few pepper-like black flakes embedded somewhere in the plastic or a mis-stamped or double-stamped hotstamp.

I wonder if you meant "Disc Golf CENTER" (DGCR's sponsor) ?

DOH!

Yes, DISCGOLFCENTER.com

BTW, the were off by a gram on one of my orders today and actually called me to see if 1 gram heavier would still be ok. That's just darn right cool! :cool:

1 gram

Personally, I can't stand it when a disc is 1 gram off of my preferred weight. My throw is so finely tuned that it totally gets me out of synch! :D

I have my own postage scale so I can double check the manufacturer's listed weights... ;)

I prefer DiscGolfStore. DiscGolfCenter is cheaper, but the minimum is a killer for me. It is a violation of there merchant agreement too.

It is at the moment.

"Visa merchants are not permitted to establish minimum transaction amounts, even on sale items. They also are not permitted to charge you a fee when you want to use your Visa card.", http://consumerist.com/consumer/you...mum-purchase-or-making-you-show-id-333160.php
But $12 is like one disc...

DiscGolfCenter.com has a flat $12 order minimum regardless of payment method. So I don't think they're violating the credit card rules.

The way I understand the credit card minimum transaction rule is that it states a vendor cannot establish a minimum transaction amount for which a credit card can be used but other forms of payment, e.g. cash or check, are accepted. But I'm not a lawyer... so I don't know for sure.

But $12 is like one disc...

DiscGolfCenter.com has a flat $12 order minimum regardless of payment method. So I don't think they're violating the credit card rules.

The way I understand the credit card minimum transaction rule is that it states a vendor cannot establish a minimum transaction amount for which a credit card can be used but other forms of payment, e.g. cash or check, are accepted. But I'm not a lawyer... so I don't know for sure.

Fair, but I throw DX. I could order two disc though.

DiscGolfCenter.com is the best site I have ordered from. They have weight/color selection, good prices, and free shipping.

i'm a big fan of www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/ - they always have great deals - like right now they're selling all ESP&FLX's for 12 bux Z's for 10 (except tiedyes) - i bought a bunch on sunday - 5 bux shipping flat rate USPS priority service which is better than UPS ground - i always get an order the next day since i live in Southern NH

it also has a $5.00 disc section - usually with Quest Xout drivers and such

have also had good luck www.discgolfreviewstore.com and sunkingdiscs.com as well

DiscGolfCenter.com

I have no idea if this was an accident. It says when you buy a basket from them, it does not count toward your customer appreciation discount. Well, they gave me credit for mine. I did buy clothing and discs with the order BTW. SO another FANTASTIC job by the sponsor of our site...AGAIN! Thanks DGC!!!! I will wear your advertising T-shirt I bought with pride and spread the word! :cool:

I'll second discgolfcenter as the best around. I mean... exact color and weight selection from a direct inventory list with free shipping and with great prices? C'mon, it doesn't get better. However, they aren't always on top of new discs and preorders like marshall street or zonedriven who can have some cool deals. That being said I have used several other online stores with no complaints ever.

Latest posts