• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Open field, 250 feet out, no wind, what do you throw?

really depends on how far you can throw. I would probably go aviar, but my max with putters is about 330'. so I can throw 75-80% and still be there. but if 250' is the max you can push putters, its not a good idea to throw one. instead disc up

wow! :)

someone actually made a positive reasonable post without bragging or demeaning anyone

discing up is the way to go if you are stretching out the putters or mids...don't be ashamed to disc up to a slow driver...it's way more effective than being reckless with your putter or mid if you have not developed that D yet.( I find 250 to be the tweeener D for many either tweener from driver to mid or mid to putter..so I enjoy the premise of this thread) :thmbup:

I'd probably go Coyote here and let it fade in softly

I've seen a ton of guys overhand here as it sticks and fights the wind conditions on such shots

I'm still fairly knew and lack D so on local 250' holes (granted they are wooded holes) I usually toss a fairway driver vs a mid. I CAN make a mid go 250' but chances are about 50/50 it will go erratic and do something stupid do to me over-thinking the throw; whereas 250' with a fairway is easy so it's just a two step toss and I'm there.

really depends on how far you can throw. I would probably go aviar, but my max with putters is about 330'. so I can throw 75-80% and still be there. but if 250' is the max you can push putters, its not a good idea to throw one. instead disc up

Makes sense. 250' at sea level would be a good putter shot. Just doesn't work that way here. No loft and all. Guess altitude really wasn't specified. I base a lot of the HoD and these stype questions on some of my experiences. Lower altitudes I get a lot more distance.

Last edited:
ESP Banger GT for the win. Slight hyzer and in the chains it goes...although I've never had an ace :(

225 I'd throw my putter. 250 I've got a tough choice between trying to max out my putter distance and powering down a buzz.

If I am gunning for an Ace I throw a kc pro roc or I would normally hzyer a champ spider in at it. Depends on the round and how Im doing. Sometimes when I'm on fire I will pull my putter out for this distance and throw right at it.

I would throw an ion on a slight or a avair p&a on a slight anhyzer. Itvall depends on how I am playing during the round

This seems like a trick question...so I'm going to assume that it is.

So I'm going to say I'd take a destroyer, walk directly away from the pin 200' back from the tee, and then throw a little to the right of it, since I'm RHBH. That should put me pretty close.

This seems like a trick question...so I'm going to assume that it is.

So I'm going to say I'd take a destroyer, walk directly away from the pin 200' back from the tee, and then throw a little to the right of it, since I'm RHBH. That should put me pretty close.

sorry bud, not the same as electric juggalo doin the HODgonewrong....just sayin'

<3 you