• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Oregon to Illinois

Cadmanic

Par Member
I purchased a car on EBay, and am flying into Eugene, Oregon on Sept. 12th to pick it up over in North Bend on the 13th. I plan on hitting Dexter Park before leaving the Eugene area, then Whistler's Bend in Roseburg after picking up the car. From there I plan to make my way to I80, and eastward home to Illinois. I've got ample time for a few more stops along the way, assuming no problems with the new ride. Any other courses in southern Oregon or not far off the I80 corridor along my trip home I should make a point to visit?

If you're picking up 80 by heading down 5 to Sacramento, and you like a hike with your DG, I can recommend Black Butte Lake, about half way between Redding and Sacramento. I also enjoyed Treasure Cove and Sunnyside in IA.

Hummel Park in Omaha is in my favorites list - it is physically demanding and tough! Wooded holes kinda similar to a Camden II. From the current conditions:

Summer Hummel is here! Expect nettles, sharp plants, mucky areas, spider webs aplenty. This place is wild. Very hot and humid conditions to come. Don't play after a good soaking wet period. Wear bug spray and expect to be exhausted. Favorite course by far though. This course is a MUST PLAY if rain is distant! The course is fairly regularly cleared of tall grass and nettles in the fairways by the Omaha disc golf community. Newer amenities to come such as better benches, new staircases and cleaner tee pads.

Treasure Cove in Council Bluffs, IA, is much more of a relaxing round, but nothing too crazy, more of a park style like a Sinnissippi.

I purchased a car on EBay, and am flying into Eugene, Oregon on Sept. 12th to pick it up over in North Bend on the 13th. I plan on hitting Dexter Park before leaving the Eugene area, then Whistler's Bend in Roseburg after picking up the car. From there I plan to make my way to I80, and eastward home to Illinois. I've got ample time for a few more stops along the way, assuming no problems with the new ride. Any other courses in southern Oregon or not far off the I80 corridor along my trip home I should make a point to visit?

Dexter was just closed today for at least a week or three - Firefighters are now using it as an encampment. You will not be able to play Dexter. Even if Dexter was open I'd be suggesting you play Stewart Pond in west Eugene. Major projects done this summer and it is in fantastic shape right now. You won't be sorry, the 2 reviews on here are from when it was brand new and unfinished. It is mowed and manicured.

Last edited:
Make your way up to I-84 and take that home. The drive along the Columbia River between Oregon and Washington is beautiful

Make your way up to I-84 and take that home. The drive along the Columbia River between Oregon and Washington is beautiful

Was. Was beautiful. The fires are still burning as far as I know.

fzacutmsuakz.jpg

I'm not finding much online presence for Whistler's Bend, and nothing recent in what I do find... Looking at the wildfire maps, it looks to be out of immediate harm's way. Any local info on the course?

I'm not finding much online presence for Whistler's Bend, and nothing recent in what I do find... Looking at the wildfire maps, it looks to be out of immediate harm's way. Any local info on the course?

I just played it last week and there were no fires burning close enough to endanger the course. I did see that Dexter to the north was closed as they are using that park as a staging and base camp area to fight a fire that is burning SE of Eugene.