• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] OS Roc Type Disc

A friend of mine throws a Gateway Demon. Don't know if it feels like a roc, but that thing is one OS piece of plastic.

Demons are definitely OS, but feel more like a driver than a roc. I think your best bet is trying find the right wasp.

I think after a lot of these suggestions I am going to try and hunt down some Sentinels and try them out

I don't always carry my S Sentinel, and I have no idea why that is. I guess I am always chasing something new. Such a great OS mid.

Cryztal Wasp - beefiest wasp I have. It feels exactly like a champ roc3

^^ This is my OS Roc. If that doesnt get it done, then I'd start questioning form/technique or disc selection. Cryztal and Z Wasps ARE beefy rocs, period. That is straight up common knowledge.

Are you playing in gail force winds? I don't care if you only have 800ft power, you shouldnt be flipping a Z wasp unless its beat to oblivion or 50 mph winds.

Q-sents are beefy, fast, bad-ass mids, but wouldnt compare to a roc really. Similar feel, but different enough, that I personally wouldnt consider it as a Roc replacement. They are OOP so that alone booted them from my bag, and I realized I just dont need that slot. They are fun as hell to throw though.

^^ This is my OS Roc. If that doesnt get it done, then I'd start questioning form/technique or disc selection. Cryztal and Z Wasps ARE beefy rocs, period. That is straight up common knowledge.

Are you playing in gail force winds? I don't care if you only have 800ft power, you shouldnt be flipping a Z wasp unless its beat to oblivion or 50 mph winds.

Q-sents are beefy, fast, bad-ass mids, but wouldnt compare to a roc really. Similar feel, but different enough, that I personally wouldnt consider it as a Roc replacement. They are OOP so that alone booted them from my bag, and I realized I just dont need that slot. They are fun as hell to throw though.

Q-Sentinels are not OOP. The original "San Marino" tooled mold is not in use anymore, but Millennium still pumps out Q-Sentinels, and the recent "Brinster" runs are pretty good (if a little domey as compared to their CE/San Marino brethren.

These are the most acceptable San Marino stand-ins: https://golfdisc.com/disc-golf-discs/sentinel-mf-steve-brinster-usdgc-limited-edition-glow
But any flatter Q-Sentinel is great. A little lower profile and faster and beefier Roc.

Last edited:
Q-Sentinels are not OOP. The original "San Marino" tooled mold is not in use anymore, but Millennium still pumps out Q-Sentinels, and the recent "Brinster" runs are pretty good (if a little domey as compared to their CE/San Marino brethren.

These are the most acceptable San Marino stand-ins: https://golfdisc.com/disc-golf-discs/sentinel-mf-steve-brinster-usdgc-limited-edition-glow
But any flatter Q-Sentinel is great. A little lower profile and faster and beefier Roc.

Oh reeeeeeally?!? WOW hell yeah! I have a couple Brintenels, one I flattened. Its not as beefy as a sanny, but is more OS than a Roc3. I thought the 2013 USDGC ones were a one-shot deal. So are those like current production, or left over stock from the 2013 USDGC?

Color me interested. But I will say, you have to WANT a Q-sent and seek it out pretty hard. You def can't just stroll into a local brick and mortar and scoop one up. A wasp on the other hand...

https://golfdisc.com/disc-golf-discs/sentinel-mf

^^ Whats up with these?? Not as beefy as the glow?

The glows, at least according to the factory, are the flattest. But they are NOT Sanny flat. I've not thrown any of the regular production runs of Q-Sentinels because they just feel too domey. I hoard the old mold Sents. I think the glows are from 2013.

Rocs in general don't handle wind great at all. I throw my Gateway Warrior when the wind kicks up and I still want that stable Roc flight. It flies closer to a Roc than to a Gator though so it's not what you're looking for.

I mean I just throw a Domey Roc3 that's crazy overstable (I Hated Roc3s until I found this one). I used to use a 05 USDGC... Finish higher maybe to stay on Hyzer but you know that already. What kind of winds are you throwing into Gale Force?

A slightly domey Opto Mace is an OS Roc.

If a verdict isn't OS enough either you tried one that was light/no dome or you're version of over stable is more like meat hook.

My beautiful gold line Maces remind me completely of the good stable/to slightly overstable rocs.

A slightly domey Opto Mace is an OS Roc.

If a verdict isn't OS enough either you tried one that was light/no dome or you're version of over stable is more like meat hook.

My beautiful gold line Maces remind me completely of the good stable/to slightly overstable rocs.

The verdict wouldnt hold up in a headwind for me, it turns a bit which isnt what I am looking for.