• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

OTB Lawsuit Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in the last three days the moderators have removed at least ten posts in this very thread from not only me but others (some that agree with you even), none of which were using hate speech. I know you saw these posts…and we all know if any of these posts contained hate speech someone would have received a warning, or been banned. So your claim about that is provably incorrect.

Do you think the hate speech constantly directed at Heinold is okay, just because he's privileged?
You were making troll posts and trying to be funny.

I know it's a difficult thing to be an adult having gone your whole life believing you are funny to have to look in the mirror and admit you just are not very funny. You cry, break some things, listen to some old Andrew Dice Clay albums and sit in denial that both of you are funny. Finally there is acceptance.

It's time, though. Play those Sam Kinison cassette tapes, get it out of your system, and move on with your life. There is life after the self delusion that you are funny. We are here for you, man.

Anyway, your posts were deleted because you were trolling and you were not funny. I've been very clear over my 14 years moderating here; if you are going to troll, you better make me laugh. You didn't. Sorry.

More hate speech that goes unpunished. It's very tiresome that all you have to offer is ad hominem attacks. It's unfortunate that you can't see how you weaken your case with personal attacks.

That dude never has a case. That's all he ever does.

Bad actions do not necessarily mean that a person is irredeemable. Keeping the door open even a crack keeps the possibility of finding a middle ground alive.

When the bad actions are to railroad through codified discrimination against a marginalized group, they can find a middle ground when they've left office. In the meantime, they are actively hurting people, and should by no means be allowed to continue to do so.

Reminder to all, stay on topic or the thread will be locked.
Name-calling on either side of the issue will result in warnings and potentially further action.

I know it's a difficult thing to be an adult having gone your whole life believing you are funny to have to look in the mirror and admit you just are not very funny. You cry, break some things, listen to some old Andrew Dice Clay albums and sit in denial that both of you are funny. Finally there is acceptance.

It's time, though. Play those Sam Kinison cassette tapes, get it out of your system, and move on with your life. There is life after the self delusion that you are funny. We are here for you, man.

Anyway, your posts were deleted because you were trolling and you were not funny. I've been very clear over my 14 years moderating here; if you are going to troll, you better make me laugh. You didn't. Sorry.

Clay and Kinison made millions with their humor—-someone thought or thinks that they were funny.

Thank you for once again reminding us all of the bias you harbor. It's definitely one of the main reasons for the decline in participation at DGCR.

You're really claiming that my post saying that using incendiary language perhaps isn't the best way to make a case is trolling?

Last edited:
More hate speech that goes unpunished. It's very tiresome that all you have to offer is ad hominem attacks. It's unfortunate that you can't see how you weaken your case with personal attacks.

Two things.

1.) Your delusional post about your 'comedy gold' is text-book narcissism.

2.) You really need to go learn what the definition of hate speech is.

Clay and Kinison made millions with their humor—-someone thought or thinks that they were funny.

Thank you for once again reminding us all of the bias you harbor. It's definitely one of the main reasons for the decline in participation at DGCR.

Clay and Kinison made millions at a time when it was still considered acceptable to ridicule or assault gay people, among many other things that society has moved on from.

"Semi-clever" is the nicest thing anybody's said about me today. But it's still early, though there's hope.

I'm inclined to think that straw men shouldn't be associated with fire & brimstone, but I'm only semi-clever, so probably wrong about that, too.

Don't confuse the devil's advocate with the devil.

Yet in the same thread…less than an hour ago…

Quote the whole thing. Trying to reengineer what I said doesn't make you the least bit right.

Skamanda said:
If you think hate speech directed at them is something anyone should be forced to endure, you're not worth my effort to teach, and I don't care one whit if you don't like that, nor do I owe you any attempts to do so

Lest you forget, just yesterday I said it matters how someone disagrees.

Name-calling on either side of the issue will result in warnings and potentially further action.

The moderators here seem to have several unwritten rules in addition to the posted rules. Are you making any effort to codify these unwritten rules?

Quote the whole thing. Trying to reengineer what I said doesn't make you the least bit right.

Lest you forget, just yesterday I said it matters how someone disagrees.

So quoting your exact words is re-engineering now? 😃😃😃

That would be handy. Considering I just got warned for some of the mildest gibes I've seen in use on here (what? but I thought the mods were firmly in my pocket! Mike? Denny? What gives?!), it'd be nice to know what's considered too blue for the forum anymore. Nothing I said would've broken a G rating on a movie.

Hate speech is classified offensive discourse targeting a group or an individual based on inherent characteristics (such as race, religion or gender). So while this is probably attacking and harassment it doesn't fit that definition. Also Heinold can try to use his religion as a shield but that doesn't give him the leeway to attack others based on their gender or orientation. I believe this thread has reached it's ending point and will be moved to the landfill soon.

Which I guess explains why Shallows' troll posts remain. Got to hand it to them, very subtle (other than the location) and consistently fools many who should know better.

PS: 13 year old me loved Kinison. Pretty sure I've still got Live from Hell on cd.

Which I guess explains why Shallows' troll posts remain. Got to hand it to them, very subtle (other than the location) and consistently fools many who should know better.

PS: 13 year old me loved Kinison. Pretty sure I've still got Live from Hell on cd.
Oh, I'm going to Hell for the number of times I repeated homophobic Eddie Murphy jokes alone. Kinison was next level; good lord I thought he was a comedy genius.

Of course it was the 80's. The movie Sixteen Candles had a subplot of date rape that went right over my head. The entertainment of my teenage years tends not to age well.

We still have hair metal, though. :|

Codified, adj. p.part. of codify, "can be systematized or logically followed"
Sources, n. plural of source, multiple first-hand documents or primary reference works
(both from Merriam Webster)

What you quoted was an article which includes quotes such as, "King disputes Shaw's account, " and, "his interview came 40 years later,"
And other articles (USA Today for example) contradicts them
AND the only "verified" first-hand account is that of a Carlos Marcello, a man who also states (according to other sources) that he set up the JFK assassination.

Sorry. Don't buy that it is generally accepted fact. It is speculation at best.

I would say lock it now. It's pathetic from what I've read from both sides, doesn't belong on DGCR, and immature to what is normally respect to each other on other threads. In years past I've been a professional moderator, on an occasion still asked to volunteer, and I would of stop this after the first few pages. From what I've seen, I would have booted off of here a lot more than just a few people from both sides.

If you feel this thread can continue, I suggest moving the tread to the back pages like other threads. So that those of us who strive to be decent to one another, doesn't have to be reminded of the ugliness when we see this thread logging in. Ugliness doesn't belong on DGCR, there's enough of it in the world. Let's keep the happiness of the game on DGCR.

Respectfully, Mitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts