• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Out with Innova, In with L64

Agreed about the inconsistences with the Striker and Vision.

Also look out for the high speed driver, they can be a little funny. The bolt is consistently US though.

You can count on these: River, Fuse, Saint, XXX, Trident, Pain, and Flow.

I havnt jumped to any conclusions. I know someone who is sponsored and he had a box of wraiths, about 13 or so halos, and some test discs. Threw all the halos and they all where say about 80% consistant. Wraiths where about 50% or less consistant. He liked the wraiths because he had more of a selection of drivers. I liked the halos because I dont have someone sending me boxes of discs to try out. I can afford about a disc about every two weeks. So my chances of getting the disc I want is with L64. The point of this post is to get some info on L64 disc. So I don't think you should jump to conclusions.

Hi Randy, i'm not trying to pick a fight. I'm just trying to save you money... and more frustration.

Last edited:
I don't know, as of late. I've had Lat 64 discs all over the place. I really liked the Striker and had one in GL and Opto. They were pretty close to each other, but the trouble came when I started going for lighter weight discs. Picked up an Opto Striker @ 164g. Man that thing flew like a xXx! the flight plate and angle of the rim was waaaaay off. Now this was word of mouth and not from Lat 64, but I was told they had mold issues when they tried to make any disc in lighter weights. I've also noticed a decline in consistency when they strated to produce more discs (quantity). Having said all this, I still think they make some of the better high speed discs out there.

I tried this. After a while you will fall back to the Innova, Discraft molds. I love the River and the King. But Innova and Discraft HAVE to be in your bag somewhere.

^^^
some do

I keep a Rattler, Zone and EXP

other than that all Euro
Fuse, Warship, River, Saint, Bolt, Giant

Now that I have read the OP's responses, I would like to try and be a little more helpful. If he truly wants to go with Lat, then I want to give some info.

Here is what I would suggest to build the foundations of a Lat bag. I don't throw anything higher than a Speed 9, though, so take that for what it's worth.

-Opto Saint. Nice line-shaping ability with a hefty amount of fade still. Good glide.
-GL River. Can be turned over with some snap, and hyzer flipped for nice straight flights.
-GL xXx. Headwinds/utility
-Opto Pain. For that Roc-like flight, but in awesome plastic.
-Opto Fuse (heavy). Excellent for straight or turning shots.
-Opto Pure. Awesome for short drives and approaches.
-Pure or Mercy in your preference of plastic.

You may want another high speed disc like a Flow or Riot somewhere in there, but I haven't thrown those ones. With the ones I have listed above, you have distance, line-shaping, and windy days all covered. And the plastic is sexy as hell. I threw all Lat for a bit, then tossed the Roadrunner back in the mix (along with some MVP), but it is a great brand to build a bag around. Have fun!

I am a big fan of L64 but I am not gonna agree that they are any more consistent than any other brand. Because they aren't. I know they are working on that though, and their plastic RULES.

I am not for anybody doing these impulse moves with changing their whole bag/single brand stuff just because they got a bum disc (or five) either. Does your new crummy wraith (or whatever mold) make your money wraiths fly worse? All brands have these issues

I will say this: I do wish innova would go back to the 02-03 gummy, durable champ plastic that many molds back then were made with...it's MONEY

Keep what works and sheet-can the rest...only your arm can tell ya what's best
(And if you act on impulse, you sh@t yer own nest)

I am a big fan of L64 but I am not gonna agree that they are any more consistent than any other brand. Because they aren't. I know they are working on that though, and their plastic RULES.

I am not for anybody doing these impulse moves with changing their whole bag/single brand stuff just because they got a bum disc (or five) either. Does your new crummy wraith (or whatever mold) make your money wraiths fly worse? All brands have these issues

I will say this: I do wish innova would go back to the 02-03 gummy, durable champ plastic that many molds back then were made with...it's MONEY

Keep what works and sheet-can the rest...only your arm can tell ya what's best
(And if you act on impulse, you sh@t yer own nest)

Funny, I recently got 2 Leopards and 1 Teebird in gummy champ plastic, way more so than any of my other champs. They're new runs too, have the flight numbers. Go figure.

Oh, and the saying is actually "foul your own nest"

I carry mostly Lat 64 and if you know what you are looking for, they can be very consistent....even Strikers. Strikers are one I won't get in Opto, only GL. Look for one that is basically flat. The domier they are, the more overstable they are. I had an Opto with a high dome that flew like a Firebird. That said, I saw an Opto from a recent run at a tournament Saturday that was just as flat as my fave GL...may have to try one of those some day.

I basically prefer GL in most Lat molds. Well, all except the Pure. Opto Pure has to be the best driving putter I have ever used. The GL Pure is great, but I prefer the Opto. At the same tournament, I picked up a Glopto Pure with a proto stamp. Going to hold onto it for a while before I throw it...if I can. The feel is fantastic. I have a feeling that should the GL Pure become a production model, we will see more of these. If not, I have a rare one.:thmbup:

My line up is basically like onemoremiles suggestion:
GL Saint
Opto Saint
GL Striker....flat
GL River
GL Vision...very flat 166g..unfortunately, I have yet to find another like it:(
TP Warship...not Lat, but made by Lat for Westside....close enough
GL Fuse
GL Pain
Opto Pure

I also have an Opto Villain, GL Riot and TM Bolt that I cycle in and out as needed.

I still carry my Star Eagle X and beat DX Tbird. I see no reason to dump all Innova molds. Some are fairly consistent.

Carrying a core fuse riot warship saint and now maybe a gl river for some turn. But I cant shake the teebirds and eagles and discrafts drone. Plus a vector and ion......too hard to isolate.

I carry mostly Innova but after making my first Lat64 purchase I fell in love. I bought a 175 Halo and because I throw RHFH I can really rip it and it flies beautifully. I will always continue to have Innova in my bag but when buying a new disc I look to Lat64 first.

Perhaps one of my most magical moments in DG was when I first held an opto River - the fit and feel were glove-like. Still haven't thrown it because it will be a gift for my son, who got me into this game in the first place.

Their plastic is terrific. As I stated in the Lat 64 thread, my Diamond had taken some abuse, and it is at worst a 9/10.

9/10? Isn't 9/10 "field tested, thrown a few times"

Any sort of actual abuse would put it below a 9 easily wouldn't it? Even if.lat plastic is basically stuck in godmode.

Just wonderin'

Yea, L64 can be inconsistent, but if you are able to look at the disc before buying it, then you should easily be able to spot the variations. Compare domes on specific discs and you should be able to figure out the flights from my experience. I have thrown Innova discs that looked identical that flied wildly different.

Lat Opto plastic is a unique blend of steel and plastic.....feels like plastic, wears like iron.;) I have a few that I bet never wear in. They take a beating and still look new.

I will have some issues coming off of my rocs. I like my rocs because of the dx plastic. L64 only has top grade plastic for thier mids. What direction should I go with my mids?

Why not keep the Rocs? I love mine in DX plastic too and my classic is one of my most reliable in my bag.

If it ain't broke why fix it?

I carry mostly Lat 64 and if you know what you are looking for, they can be very consistent....even Strikers. Strikers are one I won't get in Opto, only GL. Look for one that is basically flat. The domier they are, the more overstable they are. I had an Opto with a high dome that flew like a Firebird. That said, I saw an Opto from a recent run at a tournament Saturday that was just as flat as my fave GL...may have to try one of those some day.

The older optos were almost ALL flat and many are easily the most stable/overstable Strikers out there. But since that time the mold is ALL over the place with respect to dome, overall shape, concavity (or lack of) @wing edge, etc...

[/B]

9/10? Isn't 9/10 "field tested, thrown a few times"

Any sort of actual abuse would put it below a 9 easily wouldn't it? Even if.lat plastic is basically stuck in godmode.

Just wonderin'

The disc looks great - I guess I don't know the official scoring method, but "nearly new" would be my description. No nicks on the rim or scuffs. It's pretty impressive.