• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Overstable lowish glide mids

Dynamic Discs Justice - super beefy without any glide
Dynamic Discs Suspect - fairly beefy, shorter (speed 4)
Dynamic Discs Verdict - fairly beefy, won't turn on you, but has a bit of glide

Gator for sure. I've had my flat JL circle stamp for a year or 2 now and it still flies nice and OS. Predictable straight to hard fade up to 300ish. Also, it works amazingly well on all types of utility and approach shots.

justice is my new mid beef. Gator was, and is a classic, so those are your best two in my opinion!

others:
drone
buzz OS

no as OS OS mids:
champ rancho roc
verdict
wasp
bard
champ glo md3

gateway has some mids that resist turn as well. dont leave out the whippet, trident or fd2 for this role either! they may feel like fairways but they have mid range distant :D

Tridents don't even fly.

A faster driver might be better as it will be "speed" stable (OS) but also flight winds, skip and eventully fly longer than any mids. On the opposite end of that, ever consider a putter? Zones are loved for this spot.

I don't really throw a mid that is any more OS than a roc3 (vector) and just move up to a fairway if needed. Messed around with an MVP tensor for a while but it felt nothing like a vector/shark/roc etc which I like (beads) and smaller diameter (harder to get up to speed/less glide)

Hey Aim. What is your opinion on the vector/tensor? I have traded for both, havent thrown either much. I have a big z comet for US; an 177 axis for straight (although it's pretty stable, with that weight and brand new so I can get some turn, but it usually has some fade) Glow MD3 for slightly OS, and either the vector or Tensor for Most OS excluding my zone. And my MF gator is in my pond at home :p

I don't see much of a difference between the two, really.

Innova Proshop has some nice flat glow Gators now that are money. I think the "2" glide it says is spot on.

Hey Aim. What is your opinion on the vector/tensor? I have traded for both, havent thrown either much. I have a big z comet for US; an 177 axis for straight (although it's pretty stable, with that weight and brand new so I can get some turn, but it usually has some fade) Glow MD3 for slightly OS, and either the vector or Tensor for Most OS excluding my zone. And my MF gator is in my pond at home :p

I don't see much of a difference between the two, really.

Vector has a big bead and is larger diameter, it also (generally) has a slight dome and obviously faster wing profile. Both are OS (tensor being more so in the max weight) but also slower and less line shaping ability making it easier to range. The glide is probably a little better on the vector which helps get some serious distance for me over the slower more brick like tensor. The lighter weights are easier to throw though and you cannot get vectors in light weights. Axis is like a beat vector. Tensor is a odd ball for me.

I throw Gators and recommend them for the obnoxious wind situations when Roc3 aren't holding up with smooth hyzers. They do not fly for me.

Glide is kind of dependent on the distances you throw. If you are throwing the Roc3 around or under 300', you might see if someone has a Verdict that you can toss. They are pretty beefy but you can still get decent distance out of them. If the verdict has too much glide then check out the Justice. It is a hog.

I vote for the slow super pig fairway driver for this slot. I love my Whippets, I've heard the Trident is similar. I find the pig fairway to be slightly more versatile then the pig midrange. Whippets are fun fun fun to throw, though they are retarded beeftastic monsterhooks.

Depends on the distance. Zone would be my first choice. Verdict is awesome, but longer and has some glide.

I like to throw a Cro for that. Still stable enough for wind and fades reliably. Will be almost as long as other mids (longer than gator/drone). Flight is like a roc but the fade isn't as glidey. I hear the stars break in really straight but I have a pro shop champ that is over a year old and still has a reliable fade.

my mids

Gator (max JL)/Vector (max proton)/Buzz (175 esp)/Cobra (max DX)

Latest posts