• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Overstable mid battle

I use the obex right now, but not liking how the X-link Firm warps. So im either going to go the Prodigy M1 route or get a X-link medium Obex, havent decided yet.

If you're ever in the market for another OS mid, you should check out a Demon. I haven't thrown any of the discs you mentioned in your OP, but I've thrown the Gator and Drone (still have the Drone in my bag) and the Demon is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more OS than both of them.

Just bought a prodigy m3 today and it definitely knocked the tensor out of my bag. It's probably got more fade than the tensor, but what I liked more was the feel of the disc. Fits in my hand well, and the plastic is niceeeee.

header_short_07.jpg

Mace wasn't overstable for me it all, it flipped in any kind of wind. Suspect pretty much just flew straight with a little fade. Not particularly overstable, maybe like a wasp. I got a Z Drone and I haven't looked back since

What do you guys primarly use your OS mids for? I had a beefy Star Gator in my bag but took it out last fall and haven't missed it. A San Marino Roc is now the most OS mid in bag. I don't throw forehand, is that the primary use of an OS mid?

i havent thrown a M1 but i have seen some thrown. I have a GL mace that i used to use as my wind fighting mid but i couldnt get a consistant release with it so i switched to a Z Drone. The drone is more stable but the mace flew like a gator. The mace is way more stable than the suspect.

Yup. The Demon. When you absolutely, positively must fade left...

^^^I love Gateway, you just sold me on the Demon, that simple, I have been looking for a OS for a while.

It's funny, cause other than their Putters, I'm kind of meh about Gateway, that is until I found the Demon.

I've got two, one is a little lighter so in a Hurricane, you can turn it, but my heavier one, there's no turning. It's pretty cool to have a mid that you can torque the ish out of an have it fade back.