• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Overstable Midrange??

I just used to throw a Pro Wraith at lower speed and it would go around hard right corners like nobodies business. Got 2 aces with it on a 230' or so hard right wooded hole (#5 at the Comox Rec Center if anyone's familiar with the course) throwing LHBH with some hyzer. Baskets out of sight so I'm only speculating but I think it skipped in both times.

I've been debating getting b/w a Sentinel, Wasp, or KC Pro Roc myself for the same purpose.

Any body try the Discraft "Zone" its a midrange disc with a +2 rating. THats pretty darn overstable. The Buzzz has a rating of +.5 so that should give you an idea of how over stable it is. I havent found a place to use it yet but it would definitely be good for those short left hook shots.:)

I don't know what to get to throw those shots where I need a big curve, but not all the distance from my drivers. My Coyote is my favorite midrange, but it's pretty understable and I can never get it to do a hard turn for me. I have Rocs in a few various weights and plastics and a Wasp that I like, but once again, it's too stable. Any suggestions???

the shark is less overstable than the roc, but more overstable than the coyote. the cro is also less overstable than the roc, but is a faster disc, so it might seem more overstable

Any body try the Discraft "Zone" its a midrange disc with a +2 rating. THats pretty darn overstable. The Buzzz has a rating of +.5 so that should give you an idea of how over stable it is. I havent found a place to use it yet but it would definitely be good for those short left hook shots.:)
Isn't it a putter?
I love it. This disc is my workhorse for short game situations. It has left my Drone at bay for awhile. It sidearms nicely too.
I hit a CTP for $50 with it the other day.

Yeah, the Zone is technically a P&A disc. Personally, I'm happy with my Wasp as an overstable midrange. I've always thrown the Buzzz until this year, so the Wasp is really easy for me to predict in wind, around corners, etc. I just imagine think of what my Buzzz would do, and plan for a little bigger results. Weights around 177-178 rock in my opinion. I wouldn't get a mid that wasn't that heavy.

I had a FLX Drone in my bag for my overstable mid and it worked out great sometimes and other times really bit me in the butt. It can be tricky to throw because of the dome on it and the huge lip underneath. It feels a lot different than any other disc that I throw. I just picked up a CFR Gator and am hoping that it will work as a good replacement. I have heard a LOT of good things about the Gator. I hear that Star plastic is slightly more overstable, but the CFR that I picked up is overstable enough for me.

I have never seen a domey flx drone.... out of the six that I have owned, they have all been table top flat. What run did you get? And a picture would be awesome.

I saw a couple of domey FLX Drones at a store. I remember specifically commenting on how domey they were for such an overstable disc. The one I grabbed was the least domey I could find. So far its worked as I thought it would. Fantastic for short range shots that need a hard fade and no worries about turning it over into a headwind.

I have never seen a domey flx drone.... out of the six that I have owned, they have all been table top flat. What run did you get? And a picture would be awesome.

I just bought one at Spring Valley. It's part of Discraft's full production of them. Mine is very domey. I was expecting it to be flat.