• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Overstable Putter

most definitely. putter threads are like checkers they never go away and there are more and more of them all the time! ;)

Why change your putter? Why not just practice and learn how to putt in the wind? Any putter you choose will be different than your Anode and cause you to have to adjust your putting which will then screw up your "calm" putting with the Anode.

I think that's what I should do.. Maybe get a heavier one?? Or Just learn to play with the wind. Learn how to adjust the shot.

i putt and approach with 171 BB Aviars. a KC Pro for putting and a yeti pro for approaching and driving. if its windy i go with a 175 KC Pro Aviar for putting and approaching. if its seriously windy, like ridiculously so, i go with an ESP zone.

the zone is the most overstable putter i know. i believe i have heard that some european company makes an equally overstable putter, however i haven't seen their stuff on sale in stores in the us

sinus ap and sp made by latitude 64. readily available at any major internet dealer.

try one, you'll like it.

how would you compare this to a zone/pig?

i throw both the zone and the sinus ap. sure they overlap but i like having different 'feel' choices depending on how i'm feeling that particular day.

the sinus is as flat and overstable as the zone and i have grown quite accustomed to the 3 grip pads on the lat disc, especially during wet days.

flight-wise i think they're in a dead heat, too close to call. sometimes it seems that the sinus does have a little bit more glide than the zone, which overall is not that big a deal when you're talking about overstable putters.

the zero plastic that my zones are in does beat up a bit, but i'm still throwing the same sinus's for over a year now and the stability of the disc is still quite evident. the zone is pretty nice in the z plastic and i hope and pray that latitude will one day produce a sinus in opto plastic, like they recently did with the pure.

the rhyno was an important part of my bag until i discovered the sinus ap and the zone. it just pretty much boiled down to what felt better in my hand since they all are very close performance wise.

never liked the pig. seemed to be less vesatile than the rhyno and some i had were domey feeling, which i didn't care for.

You could use a Wizard or Ion like most of us who want an overstable putter, but I think you should break out of the box and use a Nuke OS or maybe an Epic. Sure they will be difficult to master, but if you do you'll be a unique and memorable playing partner and people all over the country will try to emulate you.

I use the same putter in any condition, a champ rhyno. I've tried to putt with about 8 putters besides the champ rhyno but only it feels right in my hand. Yeah, I'm that guy :eek:

I just use challengers in pretty much any condition. Never faced a wind stiff enough to make the challenger un-puttable, to be honest.

I carry 3 BB Aviars and 2 Rhynos. The most stable KC Aviar I have is a 10x, that, into a significant headwind, will still flip. The Aviars seem to be more sensitive to OAT as well. My Pro Rhyno is now an effortless turnover driver, and my Champ Rhyno is effortless into a headwind. Rhynos are where its at for overstable.

Champ rhyno, or zone are great choices if you're just talking about putting in heavy winds. If you want an all around OS putter id suggest stepping down a notch or two in stability for added versatility