• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ozark Mountain courses...now open (and now dead)

Three Putt

*Super Moderator*
Staff member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
A few years ago, the McCormack family sold the family farm that the Ozark Mountain courses were located. These courses are true jewels, but they were only playable for a handful of weeks in the Spring and Fall. At the time that they were sold, we were worried that the course were going to disappear. We were wrong. The new owner has been working on building up the property, and the three disc golf courses are part of his plan. He is putting in tee signs, establishing permanent tee boxes and mowing the fairways. In short, these course are open. The fee is $10/day to play. I'm as cheap as they come and $10 for disc golf might sound like a lot, but theses courses are worth every dime.

The course descriptions are updated.

Ozark Mountain
Akita's Run
Spencer-Davis

Road trip, anyone?

I'm going back for the Fall Harvest :)

My goal is to get through the 3 courses in less than 195 throws, seriously :D

wow! great news!

those courses are so awesome! i would pay twice that. and people do pay more than twice that going to a place like Selah, for example

can you camp at the bottom of the hill where everyone does during the tourneys? daily/weekend fees?

do they have a website?

No idea-no idea-no. The new owner's name is Lewis Null, you can call him at 573-644-4894. He is the man with the answers.

From what I heard/saw out there while playing OMO earlier this month.

The bottom took on a little bit of flooding so nobody was able to camp down there the weekend I went. It was super sandy down there and the creek was so high, you would have to be driving a pick up truck to even drive through it. Once the land settles, I'm suring camping will be allowed down there. We had to camp between 1 and 18's fairways which is all OB territory. The nice thing about camping up top is that is close to where Akitas and Ozark Mountain start. Plus, the Pole Barn is up top. There are decent hotels in Rolla to stay in which is 25 minutes from the property.

Secondly, the cabins. The plan is for brand new cabins to be built closer to the bottom near the river (how many? I have no idea). You can actually see the old cabins when you're playing Spencer. I THINK these cabins should have full plumming. IDK about electricity. These cabins should be sweet to rent out, especially during tournament weekends. Speaking of, word is that there is going to be more tournaments held out there this year. They have already held 3 and the Ozark Harvest is scheduled for late October.

Lastly, overall course maintence. Ozark Mountain now has turf tee pads, which is awesome! It is much more level now. Also, a lot of the older baskets have been replaced with newer ones and if I can remember right, some of the baskets have been concreted. If you haven't been for several years, the lake on hole 1 on Ozark Mountain has been removed and the basket was moved WAY back and to the right. The hole changed from a potential deuce hole to a legitimate shot shaping par 4. As a matter of fact, a lot of the holes on all the courses have been pushed back over the last few years. A lot of work has also been done removing thorns and nettles. I know it's not perfect out there, but it is certainly better now.

I want to finish by saying, I don't work for Gateway or any of the people involved with the property. I have been there to play on 8 or so occasions. I have also met Dave and the new owner on several occasions and they seem very enthusiastic about the potential opportunity that the land has. I think that their ultimate goal is for the whole property to be used as an outdoor sports complex. The disc golf courses only scratch the surface of this huge property.

I hope this helps! And I highly encourage people to go over there and play some of the nations best courses!

Last edited:
Any social media or web pages listing events and goings on this at this time?
I am planning to go and hit it 2-3 days either the week before or the week after June 11. Spending June 11 in Louisville. (strongman nationals with the nephew)

Property is sold, split into three sections that cut up the courses. Even if somebody who bought one of the three pieces wanted to keep disc golf, the courses can't stay as is. I think the courses are being pulled in October, not sure of the date. The original big course (Ozark Mountain) already lost seven holes, they are creating seven new ones to meet the reservations they already had.

RIP Ozark Mountain. If you can get out there in the next few weeks, you can get a last hurrah.

RIP Ozark Mountain

It saddens me to share this, but the amazing courses near Vichy, MO are no more. The property was subdivided into 3 parcels and two of them were sold.

The entire front 9 at Ozark Mountain has been pulled since the new owner doesn't want anything to do with disc golf.

The other parcel that was sold contains all of Spencer Davis course, Akita's 3 through 13, and Ozark Mountain holes 12 through 14 (as well as parts of 11 and 15). The owners of this plot seem to be okay with allowing people to play the courses during tournaments, but at the moment the relationship with the owners is not clear and how much maintenance can be done on the courses is unknown. Playing these courses casually during non-tourney weekends is out of the question and is considered trespassing.

Both tracts of land were sold to hunters to be used as hunting land, so trespassing is not advisable unless you want to get shot. Dave McCormack is currently exploring options of designing a new course on the remaining 43 acre property.

Wow,I live about 2 hours away and have always wanted to play those courses but never got around to it. Even passed up the gateway tournament there a few weeks ago. Pretty disappointed.

Heard this day was coming... :(

Special shout out to that bagger of courses, Tall Paul, for recently hooking me up with the opportunity to play that trio! :hfive:

Ozark was truly a Championship caliber course.
Spencer Davis - what an @$$ kicker that course is! Thought it was tougher than Ozark in a many ways.
Really enjoyed Akita's - def my favorite of the trio.

McCormack gave each of them a personality of their own. Wouldn't say any of them was a 5.0, but they were all at least 4.0's and complemented each very nicely to create a 5.0 type of destination. Classic example of "The whole being greater than the sum of it's parts."

That's something I've come to really appreciate in a multi-course destination - where each course feels and plays differently from the others onsite. I'm not a fan of doing "more of same" just because you can.

That property is pretty intense... love to see if and what McCormack comes up with next.

Last edited: