• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pacific Coast

discgolphinmafaukner

Birdie Member
Hi all!

My wife and I will be taking a road trip down the Pacific coast (down the 101), and we would like to stop off of the road for a round of disc golf. Does anyone have any good park suggestions that are close to this road?

Thanks!

Odd thing is, there are not that many courses on 101 along the coast. As it cuts inland that's a diff story, but as Cnote mentioned. Which state or states are you talking about?

Oregon does not have a lot on the 101. If you make it to Cali, the Red Curtain on Humboldt States campus is fun, and that's northern Cali... Here is a link to Oregon courses

http://www.oregondiscgolf.com/
I wish I could tell you which one to hit up, but the courses along 101 are some of the only courses I haven't played in Oregon.

If you come down to Humboldt County, we have a good amount of courses neer the 101, The Redwood Curtian Being the best listed on the site for a good round traveling down the 101. We are still right by the coast here, when you get past here though the 101 becomes more of an inland road, traveling through redwood groves and next to the Eel River.

Not trying to be a JA but this site is designed just for such an inquiry.
That said, Oregon does lack significantly along the 101 route but here's what's listed:
Bandon City Park
Mingus Park
Winsor Park
Lower Columbia DGC
I have not played any of these courses and thus have no personal opinions regarding them.
I would suggest that, if you make it as far as Cannon Beach you travel inland and play
L.L. Stub Stewart State Park (which I also have not played)
And don't miss Hornings Hideout -Highland course- -Meadow course- & -Canyon course- which is a wonderful set of courses and still keeps you out of the big cities.
HTH