• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce #29190

Where you actively touring at that point on the national level? How many NT level tournies did you play? That must have been an amazing experience.

I knew people who were playing alot of tournaments and winning money, but they were spending way more than they were making (entry fees, gas, car, food, etc. ). It was similar to the player at the slots who wins big once or twice, only to realize, or not, that their losses far outweighed their wins.
I was not lol. What I mean is I was planning on it. My rating had gone up from 913 to 987 with no dips in two years, around 70 rounds on my profile, and wasnt slowing down. I'd just beaten Barsby and a bunch of guys in town for Worlds, along with winning a lot of local events, finishing top 3 at AmNats (salty note: I was the highest finishing Am at the event that year), and so on...

I played about 50 events in 2007 as a pure Adv and 50 in Adv/Open (the unsanctioned scene was a lot bigger) - over about 35-40 weekends of the year... and was more than covering my travel expenses around the OH/IN/KY/MI region. But touring more than regionally wasn't something I could do finishing up a degree. I didn't actually play my first NT until after I decided I couldn't do it, the 08 Hambrick. Though Roscoes Revenge may as well have been an NT (tangentially, I believe that was Wysockis first pro tournament).

I didn't get to have that awesome experience. I decided it was financially not-viable while covering student loans that someone else had co-signed. I had made a bad decision out of HS and went to a 30K+ per year university mostly on loans. Non-federal loans. So the warnings that the bills were coming in were immediately too much.

I remain convinced, based on playing with various touring players, that my peak level as a player was probably approximately Ulibarri.

I promised myself in 2009 that I'd get out there, and plan on on showing that skill level as a Masters player. So I promise if I am full of ****, you'll all find out when I start failing to live up to my promise in 2025. Lol.

Last edited:
An interesting life story is made up of recognizing inflection points and making timely choices. The choice won't always turn out better than the other one (how would you know?). But the point is to not drag out the decision and have the uncertainty mess with your head longer than necessary.
Yeah, I made the "wrong" choices younger. With the wrong choices made, I made the right ones later. And though they weren't what I would have preferred - trust me I wish I had toured - they were the right ones. I mean... Hell... I got to work all over Georgia. In the mountains in Cali. Coached amazing kids for half a decade in track. On my way to a doc, which is big in my parents eyes. Married to an amazing (tolerant of me!) woman. I get to mostly do what I want. Have a great house and my property is expanding. Could it have gone better if I had chosen disc golf and said f'ck you to my Dad's credit score? Maybe. But it went **** well!

Where you actively touring at that point on the national level? How many NT level tournies did you play? That must have been an amazing experience.

I knew people who were playing alot of tournaments and winning money, but they were spending way more than they were making (entry fees, gas, car, food, etc. ). It was similar to the player at the slots who wins big once or twice, only to realize, or not, that their losses far outweighed their wins.

He also released what was probably the first dg forehand tutorial video. SW level production value.

He also released what was probably the first dg forehand tutorial video. SW level production value.
This is officially the funniest post I have read all week. Thank you. LOL. My bedroom at my parents house with Trigun anime posters on the walls. It TRULY is SW level production, and I had never thought of that.

I met Monocacy in DC in February and that was a big thing he commented on! I am constantly surprised that it really did help people throw forehand.

I am truly shocked anytime someone mentions having seen it. Much less it being useful!

There's a lot of technical terminology that the folks here intimidate me with. Stuff I don't quite get. But I think I have a knack for describing the feel of what I'm doing in a less than technical way that helps players.

Last edited:
This is officially the funniest post I have read all week. Thank you. LOL. My bedroom at my parents house with Trigun anime posters on the walls. It TRULY is SW level production, and I had never thought of that.

I met Monocacy in DC in February and that was a big thing he commented on! I am constantly surprised that it really did help people throw forehand.

I am truly shocked anytime someone mentions having seen it. Much less it being useful!

There's a lot of technical terminology that the folks here intimidate me with. Stuff I don't quite get. But I think I have a knack for describing the feel of what I'm doing in a less than technical way that helps players.

No surprise that some of us who were looking to improve by lurking on dgr back then remember. There was so little dg content out there at the time.

Not sure what year you recorded that, but SW might have still been doing his foghorn leghorn act. Before he became known as the technique guru of dgcr.

I'm sure there's a few links on the dgr mirror, lol.

I don't think Woj posted much over here back then, so when he did start getting more active, I was like "oh it's the dude from the dorm room forehand video."

I doubt PP is a Leos fan.
My how we've digressed...

Good for Paige. I hope she's getting her own fire back.

Latest posts