• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

From 900 to 1000 PDGA Rating in 2 years, can we do it!

Kjimsern

Par Member
Hello discgolf people, my name is Kim Roger and im from Norway.

I'm on a journey to become a professional discgolfer and i came here to say that i love the sport and the discgolf community.

i'm making a vlog where i put myself out there and try to reach 1000 pdga rating in 2 years.
( i started playing february last year)

I would appreciate it alot if you guys could throw some suggestions my way on what kind of footage and content that would be nice to watch during that journey.

Have a nice day and keep being the best community out there!

Here is a video of my project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvp2rFqg1wc

Last edited:
Ezra posts decent content.
Stock music is not needed.
The video feels like an ad.
I didn't make it to the end.

I'm probably not the best person to ask since I've ran a channel for years and only have 66 subscribers, but on the course footage with themes seem to do the best.

If you publicly promise to film every one of your PDGA rated rounds until you become 1000 rated, I'll subscribe to your channel. Deal?

If you publicly promise to film every one of your PDGA rated rounds until you become 1000 rated, I'll subscribe to your channel. Deal?

That is honestly my goal, how good the footage is gonna be is the challenge.

That is honestly my goal, how good the footage is gonna be is the challenge.
How far do you throw currently, golf distance? You'll realistically need to throw at least 130m consistently and accurately off the tee as one of the elements to reach your goal in 2 years.

How far do you throw currently, golf distance? You'll realistically need to throw at least 130m consistently and accurately off the tee as one of the elements to reach your goal in 2 years.

In the intro i throw a halo wraith 141m on a hyzer flip through the field goal crossbars with little turn and the weather was quite cold, i think i might have 150-155m when the weather is warmer and i can use less clothes.

I'm pretty tall/explosive, i got very lucky with danny lindahl deciding to help me out with my form early in my training regime.

In the intro i throw a halo wraith 141m on a hyzer flip through the field goal crossbars with little turn and the weather was quite cold, i think i might have 150-155m when the weather is warmer and i can use less clothes.

I'm pretty tall/explosive, i got very lucky with danny lindahl deciding to help me out with my form early in my training regime.
Then you're already a good candidate for this challenge. Good luck!

Hi Kim!

I have a somewhat similar trajectory and goal. After five years of chucking a disc occasionally with a beer in my hand, I started getting serious in June 2020. I have yet to play a competitive tournament (one glow tournament under my belt), but I'm already registered for some this Spring, and my goal is to hit MPO in 2022. I haven't put much thought into my rating goal, but 1000 is a good benchmark.

May I ask how old you are? I'm 27 and just now getting really into the sport. I'm kicking myself for all the wasted years.

Hi Kim!

I have a somewhat similar trajectory and goal. After five years of chucking a disc occasionally with a beer in my hand, I started getting serious in June 2020. I have yet to play a competitive tournament (one glow tournament under my belt), but I'm already registered for some this Spring, and my goal is to hit MPO in 2022. I haven't put much thought into my rating goal, but 1000 is a good benchmark.

May I ask how old you are? I'm 27 and just now getting really into the sport. I'm kicking myself for all the wasted years.

The really nice thing about discgolf is that you can be a professional for many years, im thinking at least way into your 50-60's.

To give you some comfort i can say that im around 30 aswell.

A norwegian discgolf champion didnt start playing discgolf before he was 32.

And one last thing, dont kick yourself! Get out there now and start putting in the work and no time was wasted at all.

Good luck!

Played almost 10 years before signing up with pdga and then got 3 months out of full year to compete due to covid restrictions. My only goal was to find out what my rating will be after first pdga year, as I thought setting a solid rating to achieve isn't going to help me play any better. That's my only real advice for first year of pdga, because ratings bounce a lot in beginning.

Make sure you're prepared, know the course you're competing at, make notes of your sweet spots and most important one, be prepared for any weather at all times. That'll help you to play better and gain better rating.

Played almost 10 years before signing up with pdga and then got 3 months out of full year to compete due to covid restrictions. My only goal was to find out what my rating will be after first pdga year, as I thought setting a solid rating to achieve isn't going to help me play any better. That's my only real advice for first year of pdga, because ratings bounce a lot in beginning.

Make sure you're prepared, know the course you're competing at, make notes of your sweet spots and most important one, be prepared for any weather at all times. That'll help you to play better and gain better rating.

Thanks for the great advice, appreciate it.

Gotta bring them wipes!

Latest posts