• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce #29190

I think she would be 1000 rated. Paige has held her own against some top MPO players in casual rounds.
I know those aren't tournament rounds, but I think she's good enough to achieve a rating of 1,000 in MPO.

JK used to beat most of the MPO men when she was world champion, and Paige is on the cusp of surpassing her and EK, in world championship titles.

Comparing Paige's round ratings when the FPO division plays on a separate layout versus when FPO and MPO play on the same layout:

Separate layouts:
2020: 994.5, 37 rounds
2019: 984.5, 45 rounds
2018: 972.6, 43 rounds

MPO/FPO on the same layout:
2020: 964.8, 6 rounds
2019: 964.0, 25 rounds
2018: 958.1, 35 rounds

If your argument is that if she played MPO then she'd make different decisions, then okay, that's an opinion you're allowed to have.
If your argument is the ratings would look different by virtue of the math, then the numbers don't back that up.

JK used to beat most of the MPO men when she was world champion, and Paige is on the cusp of surpassing her and EK, in world championship titles.

Not to discount Korver and her ability - but she wasn't beating most of the MPO. She cashed at USDGC twice I believe, but was never in the hunt for a title. There were also a lot less touring MPO players back then, so it's not even a valid comparison imo. Paige has played against the MPO field a few times, and just hasn't done well at the big events.

Paige should also be passing JK anyway. She's been dominant and has already been on full time tour as long as Juliana was at her peak. She likely would have passed her last year if there was a World tournament to compete in.

Looking at her stats, her putting numbers are on the lower side of MPO touring pros. Her fairway and parked and in regulation numbers are better, but it is reasonable to assume that those number drop as she plays longer MPO layouts.

Additionally, even is she is 1000 rated, 1000 rated golf is a tough road for a touring player.

With that said, it'd be fun to see her play some A's and B's in open.

whats moar impressive is the amount of putts cat misses and still finishes top 3 frequently

name one other player that is on her level

I'd argue the competition isn't good enough.
There's a lot of room over in FPO for some new girls to shine

Comparing Paige's round ratings when the FPO division plays on a separate layout versus when FPO and MPO play on the same layout:

Separate layouts:
2020: 994.5, 37 rounds
2019: 984.5, 45 rounds
2018: 972.6, 43 rounds

MPO/FPO on the same layout:
2020: 964.8, 6 rounds
2019: 964.0, 25 rounds
2018: 958.1, 35 rounds

If your argument is that if she played MPO then she'd make different decisions, then okay, that's an opinion you're allowed to have.
If your argument is the ratings would look different by virtue of the math, then the numbers don't back that up.

If she played MPO, she would play different golf. She would have to in order to compete.

I also believe that playing in MPO would elevate her game, the same way it does for you and I when playing against stronger competition.

Not to discount Korver and her ability - but she wasn't beating most of the MPO. She cashed at USDGC twice I believe, but was never in the hunt for a title. There were also a lot less touring MPO players back then, so it's not even a valid comparison imo. Paige has played against the MPO field a few times, and just hasn't done well at the big events.

Paige should also be passing JK anyway. She's been dominant and has already been on full time tour as long as Juliana was at her peak. She likely would have passed her last year if there was a World tournament to compete in.

IIRC, FPO and MPO often played the same tees when JK played. And JK had a streak where she posted lower scores than most of the MPO field, across multiple tournaments.

Looking at her stats, her putting numbers are on the lower side of MPO touring pros. Her fairway and parked and in regulation numbers are better, but it is reasonable to assume that those number drop as she plays longer MPO layouts.

Additionally, even is she is 1000 rated, 1000 rated golf is a tough road for a touring player.

With that said, it'd be fun to see her play some A's and B's in open.

Brodie Smith reached 998 last year in his 1st year of playing, so....anything's possible.

whats moar impressive is the amount of putts cat misses and still finishes top 3 frequently

name one other player that is on her level

I've been saying for a few years now, if she could putt 75% C1x she'd have a few more world titles to her name. That difference in putting has given Paige a few titles.

I get it though, I'm way better off the tee than putting. It's a curse

Latest posts