• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce #29190

Could have something to do with it, if she's on a quest to get that 1000 rating in 2021.

In her interview with Terry she clearly said she is just focused on getting to a 1000 rated and didn't care about winning or losing. So far at the LVC she is averaging 989.5 / round.

I would guess Discraft already has a disc celebrating PP @ 1000 in production. :clap:

I mean 11 OB strokes and she only threw +1? She might throw OB a lot, but she keeps her composure about it. 11 OB strokes in one round would be tournament death for just about anybody but her.

How are you quantifying "11 OB strokes"? Disc golf, unlike golf (where if you go OB, you incur a 2-shot penalty - it being mandatory that you play from your last lie), is not so cut and dried.

How are you quantifying "11 OB strokes"? Disc golf, unlike golf (where if you go OB, you incur a 2-shot penalty - it being mandatory that you play from your last lie), is not so cut and dried.

You count all the shots you took and you get a penalty of one, regardless of where you have to legally play your next shot.

You count all the shots you took and you get a penalty of one, regardless of where you have to legally play your next shot.
3 putt wrote " I mean 11 OB strokes", so I'm wondering if that means she went OB 11 times, or incurred 11 penalty shots, or some other 'combination' of "1 extra shot" holes and "2 extra shot" holes - as one can incur either in dg's OB possibilities.

Disc golf has its own rulebook. Don't use the golf rulebook to analyze disc golf.

But beyond that, the stats in UDisc count all positional penalties as "OB". That would be actual OB (disc golf OB, not ball golf OB), hazard (play it as it lies plus one penalty stroke), or missed mandos.

3 putt wrote " I mean 11 OB strokes", so I'm wondering if that means she went OB 11 times, or incurred 11 penalty shots, or some other 'combination' of "1 extra shot" holes and "2 extra shot" holes - as one can incur either in dg's OB possibilities.

It really isn't that complicated.

If it is a par 3 with OB 20 feet past the basket and I throw my tee shot OB long and then make a 20 footer, I get a par. 2 shots, 1 penalty stroke.

If it is a par 3 water carry and I don't make the carry and re-tee, then throw my next shot onto the green and make a putt, I get a bogey. 3 shots (tee, re-tee, putt), 1 penalty stroke.

Disc golf has its own rulebook.
Gee, I didn't know that. :\
I'm not analyzing disc golf, I was simply showing that in golf, one can't take a 1-shot OB penalty...it's always a 2-shot penalty, BUT in dg, one can take "effectively" - whether or not it's prudent to do so isn't in question here - either (a redo from the same lie OR last IB spot, etc.)

I'm looking at UDisc and it says she got 11 OB penalties. Given that this is a disc golf website, I assumed my comment would be taken in the context of disc golf. I don't play or watch ball golf so I'm not able to engage in a conversation about how this would be different in ball golf. I also don't see how it is relevant.

How are you quantifying "11 OB strokes"?

the only way

I'm wondering if that means she went OB 11 times, or incurred 11 penalty shots

are you asking how many of her penalties were OB vs hazard vs missed mandos vs stance violations vs courtesy violations?

there are very few penalties that result in more than one stroke. it's entirely reasonable to assume that any penalties incurred are only one stroke.

damaging the course +2
straight to DZ without throwing +2
intentional interference +2
various misplays +2
illegal disc or device +2
missed hole/late arrival - par +4
omitted hole - par +4

Paige just wasn't throwing beefy enough discs. Everything was getting carried off way right by the wind and flipping.

Wind that strong can mess up anyone's game. That said, some of her drives were MILES out of bounds.

Paige just wasn't throwing beefy enough discs. Everything was getting carried off way right by the wind and flipping.

Wind that strong can mess up anyone's game. That said, some of her drives were MILES out of bounds.

Very strange to see her flip the Zeus over and over again..if she "forgot" the OS drivers or did not read the forecast...why not disc down and throw the Raptor?

Very strange to see her flip the Zeus over and over again..if she "forgot" the OS drivers or did not read the forecast...why not disc down and throw the Raptor?

IDK. I don't watch a ton of DC coverage, but I caught her 2nd round. She was either really good, or REALLY bad. No in between. She lost the lead so fast.

I can't explain how she flipped that many discs OB. Maybe she needs to toss a Nuke OS or something in the bag for long drives in the wind.

IDK. I don't watch a ton of DC coverage, but I caught her 2nd round. She was either really good, or REALLY bad. No in between. She lost the lead so fast.

I can't explain how she flipped that many discs OB. Maybe she needs to toss a Nuke OS or something in the bag for long drives in the wind.

"She is either really good, or REALLY bad" thats Paige, she´s never just ok, all or nothing all the time.

"She is either really good, or REALLY bad" thats Paige, she´s never just ok, all or nothing all the time.

So whatever you want about her but the one thing that is undeniable is that she's the most confident putter in FPO by a mile and that was clearly on display at Vegas. 30 mph headwinds didn't matter, very reminiscent of what you see in top MPO.

So whatever you want about her but the one thing that is undeniable is that she's the most confident putter in FPO by a mile and that was clearly on display at Vegas. 30 mph headwinds didn't matter, very reminiscent of what you see in top MPO.

Yes it was strange to see Paige and Jen Allen. . Paige goes for every putt, Jen lays up everything even super short ones.
. . and Cat, well she makes the long ones and misses the short

OB, going for every putt, really bad or really good, disc choices....say what you will....she keeps winning.

Personally, I don't think she'll make 1000 rated...but I hope I'm wrong. It would be nice to see a female player get to that rating.

I'll still readily admit Paige is BY FAR the best women's player out there. She gave away like 20 shots throwing OB and STILL won the tourny.

Agree about the putting confidence. Thing is, she doesn't lose nearly as many strokes with aggressive putting as she does with sometimes mindlessly bad drives. Paige's short game is easily the best of all the women, aggressive or no.

Had she played sharper off the tee should could have won by 15.

She will 100% keep going for it..she's winning
But it sure looks like she throws away lots of drives of the tee, most of the fairways in Las Vegas is super wide but she still throws OB WAY of her line.

I hope she makes a video and goes through her last round, I would really like to hear her talk about her choices on hole 18