• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce #29190

Women typically have more life altering challenges to sort out in their 20s and 30s that can affect their willingness and ability to tour, with perhaps the relationship-nesting-want children yes/no? being the most prominent issues for many during that time period. Although having/making enough money significantly influences the willingness to tour for both men and women, the pool of money available supports fewer women than men, and during JK's reign 20 years ago, much less money.

On this note, but unrelated to PP, Paige Shue is playing above her rating so far in the DDO, four months after giving birth. I can't imagine she's had much time to practice at all in the past six months. Amazing stuff. Though of course I don't think she and Grady will be able to handle full-on touring this year.

Wow, when asked about skipping DDO the initial reaction was if I'm not feeling an event I won't play it...

You'd maybe expect that right before a big event, or at the end of the season when you've been grinding for several months straight and wanna be ready for an event that matters. Not really early in the season, that's what the off season is for.

Then to bag on your old sponsor saying it's a weak course and that's why you didn't play...when you're the longest throwing female and should be the favorite to win based on the course...doesn't add up. To hype this course and say it's what you prefer to play...if you don't finish well you've kinda ran out of excuses to give...

Then to go on about saying no to everybody and keeping your phone in your car. No doubt all the top talent is being pulled in a million directions for other obligations, but when you're being paid as the best expectations change unfortunately. Don't want the extra distractions? Give up the big sponsorship contract and go back to being a bump on a log and blending in.

Massive difference in attitude when comparing her tournament interview to Simon's...who's not played all year and part of last due to him getting silly and burning out his arm during lockdown. Would've been real easy for him to make excuses but he didn't.

Sounds harsh but it's all about how you frame conversations. If you've got a million side projects that you've been fortunate to line up due to your stellar play then pitch it that way. Hey, I've had a ton of new opportunities pop up this off season, didn't get a chance to tune up as much as I wanted and it showed early. I decided I needed more time to get where I need to be so I skipped a couple of events to iron out some kinks. Nobody would be talking about it if that's what she said. Continuing to dodge and deflect isn't making things any better.

Wow, when asked about skipping DDO the initial reaction was if I'm not feeling an event I won't play it...

You'd maybe expect that right before a big event, or at the end of the season when you've been grinding for several months straight and wanna be ready for an event that matters. Not really early in the season, that's what the off season is for.

Then to bag on your old sponsor saying it's a weak course and that's why you didn't play...when you're the longest throwing female and should be the favorite to win based on the course...doesn't add up. To hype this course and say it's what you prefer to play...if you don't finish well you've kinda ran out of excuses to give...

Then to go on about saying no to everybody and keeping your phone in your car. No doubt all the top talent is being pulled in a million directions for other obligations, but when you're being paid as the best expectations change unfortunately. Don't want the extra distractions? Give up the big sponsorship contract and go back to being a bump on a log and blending in.

Massive difference in attitude when comparing her tournament interview to Simon's...who's not played all year and part of last due to him getting silly and burning out his arm during lockdown. Would've been real easy for him to make excuses but he didn't.

Sounds harsh but it's all about how you frame conversations. If you've got a million side projects that you've been fortunate to line up due to your stellar play then pitch it that way. Hey, I've had a ton of new opportunities pop up this off season, didn't get a chance to tune up as much as I wanted and it showed early. I decided I needed more time to get where I need to be so I skipped a couple of events to iron out some kinks. Nobody would be talking about it if that's what she said. Continuing to dodge and deflect isn't making things any better.

She didn't call the course weak, she called it lackluster. Both of those courses for DDO were lackluster, and you can go listen to the DGAM podcasts done during DDO and listen to current DD players like Oakley and Clemons say as much.

You are likely to see more top players skipping events now that they can afford to do so. Eagle has been doing it for years (Ledgestone, for one). That's a good thing. If someone is feeling burned out, they shouldn't be forcing themselves into playing a course/event that they don't enjoy playing.

Unless her contracts say otherwise, she is under no obligation to say yes to everyone that asks for her time. There isn't a lack of interviews with her in the last few years, and the number of potential things she could say yes to has really increased over the last year. Well within her right to pull back and be more selective. I imagine at some point soon, if she hasn't already, she'll be like Ricky and pay someone else to manager of social media for her. You make the phone thing to be a way bigger deal than it is. She's keeping her phone in the car so she's not distracted during rounds.

She seemed pretty honest and believable to me. She's been at the top of the game and the biggest name for quite a while. I can see how the grind can get tiresome.

She's more than earned the right to pick and choose which events she wants to play in. Maybe her more lucrative contract frees her up to do just that, so she doesn't necessarily feel like she needs enter every event grab all the cash she can.

If it come down to seeing an enthusiastic player less often, vs. a burnt out player more often, I'll take the former.

Just an observation but does anybody actually watch Paige throw? Like she whips through so hard that her whole upper body will twist well before her legs and knees do. She's young, but wouldn't be surprised if dealing with injuries. It's kind of like the whole thing with Simon, there's a point where people are throwing "too hard." Just my opinion of course.

I imagine at some point soon, if she hasn't already, she'll be like Ricky and pay someone else to manager of social media for her. You make the phone thing to be a way bigger deal than it is. She's keeping her phone in the car so she's not distracted during rounds.

Just FYI, that's one of the things she mentioned in an interview just before she went on the break. She said she had just hired someone to do her social media and that previously she had been producing, editing, etc. all of her content.

Paige has, to me, looked like she has been "in her head" more since she started slipping that lead at the LVC. Missing short putts, yanking tee shots, etc., happens to everyone, but it seems to have then affected her mentality going forward on the next hole. Seemed especially prominent at that B-tier. Could be totally wrong, but having too many things you are trying to focus on all at once seems like a good way to lose some mental game on the course.

Also kinda curious what big thing she can't talk about yet. Probably a little more hype than not, but still curious.

Just an observation but does anybody actually watch Paige throw? Like she whips through so hard that her whole upper body will twist well before her legs and knees do. She's young, but wouldn't be surprised if dealing with injuries. It's kind of like the whole thing with Simon, there's a point where people are throwing "too hard." Just my opinion of course.

Wonders if it's "that" Terry Miller, or some other Terry Miller...

Last edited:
She didn't call the course weak, she called it lackluster.

lackluster
lack·​lus·​ter | \ ˈlak-ˌlə-stər \
: lacking in sheen, brilliance, or vitality : DULL, MEDIOCRE

so she didn't call it weak, she called it not good, but in a nice way

Will be interesting to see if this past weekend is going to be the outlier or the norm going forward.

I don't know how she doesn't win every single one of these golf course tournaments, since she throws 100' farther than basically the entire fpo field, and typically putts better than those that can keep up distance wise

Will be interesting to see if this past weekend is going to be the outlier or the norm going forward.

I don't know how she doesn't win every single one of these golf course tournaments, since she throws 100' farther than basically the entire fpo field, and typically putts better than those that can keep up distance wise

I hear you, and no doubt, she's been so dominant throughout her career simply by outdriving, then outputting the competition. Seems to me, the times she's opened the door to others has been from picking up strokes for going OB or similar stuff where her foot on the gas attitude of going for it occasionally doesn't work out.

Often, she's been so much better that it didn't burn her, but sometimes it has. Wouldn't surprise me if she's changed her attitude about picking and choosing those moments. Experience and wisdom can do that to you.

Last edited:
good interview by paige. it seems like she should maybe get in touch with the PDGA directly, or get a bunch of like-minded FPO players together to do so. very legitimate thoughts and complaints IMO but not sure what she is doing about it other than making instagram stories

We know Paige is sad about not reaching 1000 rating yet. The good news is to reach 1000, you just have to average that rating for 12 months of competition. All of the rounds in your current rating will not be included your rating 12 months from now (presuming you play at least 8 rated rounds). Each time you play an event where you average 1000 or higher is the start a new 12-month quest.

That was an excellent interview, I enjoyed it so much. She is a real class act for sure!:clap:

Latest posts