• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce #29190

Since it's not a DGPT event will there be the pre tournament press conference?

If so, who's gonna have the nerve to ask her about it?

Disclaimer: I wasn't there, I don't know anyone who was there, I'm just stating a guess.

I wonder if the employee that provided her the key/cart was under the impression that she was just going to take a look at the course (not play it) and didn't see any issue with that. (Possible wording from PP...I'd like a cart so I can check out the course).

Then when she pulled up to the first tee and grabbed a disc, another employee realized she was going to play a closed course and stopped her.

Most country clubs around me are closed on Mondays even to members for course maintenance. This seems to have happened on a Monday. I know my local club opens on Mondays but not until 3 pm, even then the kitchen is closed and they are minimally staffed.

This is all speculation as i don't know the clubs rules locally, just speaking on the club i am a member at.

Most country clubs around me are closed on Mondays even to members for course maintenance. This seems to have happened on a Monday. I know my local club opens on Mondays but not until 3 pm, even then the kitchen is closed and they are minimally staffed.

This is all speculation as i don't know the clubs rules locally, just speaking on the club i am a member at.

You're not wrong.

https://www.emporiacc.org/disc-golf

According to the Emporia Country Club website they are indeed regularly closed for Disc Golf on Mondays.

https://www.emporiacc.org/disc-golf

Monday Closed
Tuesday 8am-2pm
Wednesday 8am-2pm
Thursday After 3pm
Friday 12pm-5pm
Saturday 10am-dusk
Sunday 10am-dusk

Up until a few months ago, I worked at a high-end golf course.

The story I heard was that it was indeed a maintenance worker who stopped her.

Having worked both front of house operations and in maintenance, I can see the following scenario happening.

Course is closed and Paige knew it.

Stops into clubhouse anyway and front of house employee gives her a key (might have had something to do with who she is).

She drives off onto the course and gets stopped by random maintenance worker, who has no idea who she is and doesn't care that the other employee gave her a key.

Words are exchanged and she drives off multiple times because she feels entitled and /or wronged after the manager request was denied.

Given that it was probably a maintenance worker, their manager would have been the Course Superintendent, who would have just sided with his/her employee.

Overall a bad look for someone who is supposed to be a great ambassador for the sport.

Disclaimer: I wasn't there, I don't know anyone who was there, I'm just stating a guess.

I wonder if the employee that provided her the key/cart was under the impression that she was just going to take a look at the course (not play it) and didn't see any issue with that. (Possible wording from PP...I'd like a cart so I can check out the course).

Then when she pulled up to the first tee and grabbed a disc, another employee realized she was going to play a closed course and stopped her.

You guys are missing a key point here from Paige's agent "Paige was given a cart key and told where to get the cart by a member of the country club."

It was a member who gave her permission, but member's are not employees and do not have authority to let other people use the clubs carts.

You guys are missing a key point here from Paige's agent "Paige was given a cart key and told where to get the cart by a member of the country club."

It was a member who gave her permission, but member's are not employees and do not have authority to let other people use the clubs carts.

How do you know that members are not allowed to let others use carts? I've been to ball golf courses where members sometimes hand out cart keys.

But it doesn't matter who gave her the key to the cart. It has also come out that there is signage at the course that the course is closed on Mondays. Can't Paige read?

I'm giving the member/employee the benefit of the doubt. I think it is likely that Paige asked for a cart so she could 'check' out the course. To me, 'check' out the course means just take a look at it. I wouldn't see a problem with that. But once she pulled out a disc to throw, that is no longer 'checking' out the course...that is playing a closed course.

This was probably a misunderstanding that 'blew up'. Paige could have easily said, 'oops, I thought it was open for practice. I'm sorry. I'll take the cart back.'

This is also a statement from an Agent, that's on her team, do you think if she did something wrong they would admit it lol.

A touring pro acting entitled!?

giphy.gif

It was most likely a private cart, kept at a house located on the course, or in a special area set up for members o keep their private carts. if the course was closed, it is very probable the cart barn was locked up tight as well. And if she went from a home to the first tee, it wouldn't be obvious to her the course was closed.

And yes, many private country clubs are closed on Mondays.

If...
Maybe...
Perhaps...
I think...

Meh. :|

If I were Ms. 5x working on 6x, I file this under:
"Chit happens. Deal with it."

Maybe we should, too.

Now, if she really wanted to be a biyatch...
she could have texted anther player and told them to hurry up and join her for a practice round. :p

If there was a sign that said course closed I wouldn't be surprised if someone thought it was closed for disc golfers to practice on given the circumstances. After players getting hit at last year (didn't Zachariah Johnson actually get hit) and Brodie having to rent out the driving range for a place to warm up, it seems like disc golfers are going somewhere they aren't wanted. Maybe it's time to play WC's on courses that aren't for golf.

The Ultiworld article does not paint a good picture for Paige.

Course closure was clearly posted, as was practice schedule/plans, a member gave her the key (not an employee), she ignored the actual employee who told her the course was closed and apparently was rude and flaunted her wealth.

Latest posts