• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce To Discraft 2020

I´m not saying shes not good..BUT she has not won a DGPT in 2020 like Cat has. . .Cat has a win and a few 2nd and 3rd in the events and is ahead of Hokom in the standings. .. . so i thought Cat would be ahead in Ratings to.

But if feels like Hokom skipping a few events in 2020 was good for her rating

Taking a quick peak at both of their ratings detail, Hokom has much less variance in her ratings. She'll pop off a big rating here and there and she'll have a bad round, but her highs aren't as often and her lows aren't as bad or as frequent as Cat's. Plus, Sarah is a much better c1x putter (59% vs 71% this year).

It's so strange.... when I watch her play I'm always like really...she is that good? And bam...she's in the top 5 most of the time. It's pretty cool to see her develop her backhand the past few years. But her putting... that looks funked out...and now days she's known for dropping in 30-40ft+ putts?!?! I did not see that coming.

I remember a few years ago her posting on social media about spending a lot of time practicing her putting that winter.

It's so strange.... when I watch her play I'm always like really...she is that good? And bam...she's in the top 5 most of the time. It's pretty cool to see her develop her backhand the past few years. But her putting... that looks funked out...and now days she's known for dropping in 30-40ft+ putts?!?! I did not see that coming.

Several years ago I was at Brent Hambrick Memorial in Columbus OH to watch final 9 of both MPO and FPO. Women there were Liz Lopez, Sarah Hokom, Val Jenkins and one other whom I cant remember at this time (not PP). I was amazed at the distance these women were getting on their drives and how spot on their putting was. Val Jenkins ended up winning FPO. Paul Ulibarri won MPO. Not really sure what year that was, maybe 2011 or 2012?

Taking a quick peak at both of their ratings detail, Hokom has much less variance in her ratings. She'll pop off a big rating here and there and she'll have a bad round, but her highs aren't as often and her lows aren't as bad or as frequent as Cat's. Plus, Sarah is a much better c1x putter (59% vs 71% this year).

Sarah Hokom always IMO, looked very uncomfortable and awkward when she putts.

How do you sort the UDisc stats?

I see Paige is 3rd in C1x and 2nd in C2 . . but who is first?
feels like a solid putting year for Paige, hard to imagine who is better

How do you sort the UDisc stats?

I see Paige is 3rd in C1x and 2nd in C2 . . but who is first?
feels like a solid putting year for Paige, hard to imagine who is better

Should be able to click on the Category, at least on a desktop. Heather Young is #1 in both. Hailey King is #2 in C1x and #3 in C2.

Interesting news item dropped at around 6:10.

I'm not much of a vlog watcher but Paiges Hawaii vlog is pretty cool. Talk about a dream come true!

Paiges latest video is a masterpiece, Hawaii looks so nice..but SOO far away for me

To be honest, I felt a pang of jealousy. Good on her to have the ability to fly often during COVID and finding a cool place to stay. But, I did not really have the options to work on my bucket list. I have family and friends to protect and keep safe. While I stay home, isolate and struggle with the mental and physical challenges, that come with a pandemic, she was able to go live out a dream. In her defense though, in the video, it is apparent that she is taking precautions and incorporates that into the video. Much more than most other vlogs from the pros in our sport.

I enjoyed the video.

Paige is looking for a full time media person. .Does ANY discgolfer have a Full time media guy/girl?

"Huge shout out to @alyssavanlanen for the intro edit and the thumbnail. I am actually looking to hire someone to fill her position. Message me with serious inquiries if you are looking for a full time editing and media gig!"

Paige is looking for a full time media person. .Does ANY discgolfer have a Full time media guy/girl?

"Huge shout out to @alyssavanlanen for the intro edit and the thumbnail. I am actually looking to hire someone to fill her position. Message me with serious inquiries if you are looking for a full time editing and media gig!"

"Full Time" is probably not the right term, since I doubt there will be 40hrs a week of work. Probably more like "dedicated"

then she flies from Hawaii to Charlotte to film videos with people that also few to Charlotte - https://www.instagram.com/p/CK98kSggtzK/

then she travels to Arizona to do the same - https://www.instagram.com/p/CLDs2tnARp5/

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There are people flying all over the country right now on a weekly or more basis because of their occupation. Technically she is doing both of the above for that. Sure, you could argue that she doesn't necessarily need to do all that, but I would argue the opposite. Obviously, if she was making millions off the tour and her sponsor I doubt she would be taking these risks, but the fact that she does should tell you something - she's hustling to continue to grow her brand to make money because her window of opportunity in this sport is closing quick and could end at anytime. She doesn't have any college education, trade school or career skills outside of disc golf. I'd probably be doing the same thing if I was in her shoes TBH.

There are people flying all over the country right now on a weekly or more basis because of their occupation. Technically she is doing both of the above for that. Sure, you could argue that she doesn't necessarily need to do all that, but I would argue the opposite.

she didn't *need* to be in hawaii in the first place. she definitely doesn't *need* to fly to charlottesville from hawaii, and then mix with other people, to be a professional disc golfer.

not sure I saw a single mask in these videos:

Obviously, if she was making millions off the tour and her sponsor I doubt she would be taking these risks, but the fact that she does should tell you something - she's hustling to continue to grow her brand to make money because her window of opportunity in this sport is closing quick and could end at anytime. She doesn't have any college education, trade school or career skills outside of disc golf. I'd probably be doing the same thing if I was in her shoes TBH.

You more than likely just defined the plight of several 28+ year old current pro disc golfers. Some of the older dudes like McCray, Stokely, etc, could be even more concerning. I enjoy watching McCray play, but I just don't see how he and his wife can keep the grind going financially. If you follow Stokely you already know the dude has been trying everything and anything to get a stable income for quite some time.

You more than likely just defined the plight of several 28+ year old current pro disc golfers. Some of the older dudes like McCray, Stokely, etc, could be even more concerning. I enjoy watching McCray play, but I just don't see how he and his wife can keep the grind going financially. If you follow Stokely you already know the dude has been trying everything and anything to get a stable income for quite some time.

Stokely charges $30 for a clinic and has 50 people. He also charges $90 for lessons.

He's doing fine.

Stokely charges $30 for a clinic and has 50 people. He also charges $90 for lessons. He's doing fine.

Depends what your idea of fine is for a 50+ year old. I hope he is doing fine, I purchased his book (digital edition). I was quoted much lower than 90/hr when he came through town a while back. Easily the hardest working man in disc golf currently imop. (podcasts, video lessons, personal lessons, clinics, seminars, tournament playing, books, etc).

Latest posts