• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Particle

The Spin and Particle give some nice separation to a crowded middle, with the Atom, Proxy, and Envy. Even though I believe the Particle has a hair less high speed stability, it's fade at the end is a bit stronger than the Envy's.

But the Atom and Particle right now are just too good.

Kinda moving in the opposite direction. Have played a couple of rounds with the Particle and I think I'll go back to bagging the Envy. Envy seems to have better glide for me and required a bit less power. Still using a firm E Atom for touch approach shots but never got in a groove with the P Atom so I'm bagging a 168g moderately beat N Proxy off the tee and for longer US approaches.

There's nothing wrong with the Spin. I love mine, but I also have no aversion to deep putters.

Got to try out a soft particle. absolutely love it. I've been throwing the circuit stamped regular neutron for a while now but this soft plastic feels a lot better to me. Excellent grip. Never thought the Envy would leave the bag.

Mike- Looks like it wont really fight out of the anny tho?

My two Particles will hold an anny to the ground if I throw them hard and on a fairly steep angle. If I throw it with less power or closer to flat it can fight out of them. From what I've seen on approach distance shots it fights out of them a bit more aggressively than the Envy. I had to adjust my FH anny approaches a bit to compensate.

I said it before but I'll say it again Atom=Proxy3 Particle=Envy3 (if youre using the Innova 3 terms, ie Teebird/Teebird3) They are verrrrrrrrrrry similar, but the MVP equivalents are a little thinner/flatter/faster/less glide....but by SMALL margins - I am digging the particle right now - I still like the envy a lot - but im rocking atoms n particles - and hopefully they get a more OS once soon - otherwise I bag a Harp or A2

I am loving the Particle. I have replaced my Envy and Proxy with Particles and Atoms. All I need now is a Atom core Spin equivalent and I am set. I use the Spin for nice powered turns for when I can't forehand. Gets me out of a lot of tight spots. Can't wait for my Soft particle for that bit more of OS

I am loving the Particle. I have replaced my Envy and Proxy with Particles and Atoms. All I need now is a Atom core Spin equivalent and I am set. I use the Spin for nice powered turns for when I can't forehand. Gets me out of a lot of tight spots. Can't wait for my Soft particle for that bit more of OS

For now I'm just using an Electron Atom and once it wears in a little its perfectly understable. That's my jam right now E-Atom, P-Atom, Particle, Harp or A2

how do I have the last post in this thread? Favorite approach this these days, FH or BH

I grabbed a couple of them but I still prefer the Envy. And I even throw E Atoms for turnovers and putting.

Had a chance to throw Particle this past weekend, finally. My first throw on a short, hyzer hole that I typically Envy - although parked nicely - struck me as being ... Envyish. Maybe too much so. As the round progressed I had many opportunities to throw both and found that I was settled on the Particle by the end. It does seem to have that touch more stability to where I simply decided it stands out from my Proxy just that touch more, which I like. No need to try and sift through various runs of Envy for the most stable version, just grab a Particle. That said, I swapped out my Soft N Envy for a firm electron, so the Envy lives on in the bag. I'll be using this fresh guy for wet occasions where the Soft N Particle is too slick.

In short - fans of Gyro (including myself) should not be surprised by these incremental releases. Even though I find it only slightly different than Envy - there it is - slightly different and TBH, it's nice to have the extra touch of sauce on it. I drive with Envy more than any other use of it, so this will assume that role nicely - keeper!

Yeah Particle really isnt that OS...like at all, it will hold stable and has a lil fade but unless you're throwing a high hyzer, I don't really notice a difference from the Envy. Feels a little different, flys so similar, I basically use it as a black rim envy when I pair it with Atoms, keep my approach discs black---as Wesley snipes....like the back of Forrest Wittakers neck ---like Bernie Mac's gums. (ref from Don't Be a Menace FYI)

Latest posts