• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul McBeth goes to discraft.

It appears discraft has a really good marketing plan so far:

-get the number one player on board

-find a unique marketing image (star wars)

-and start utilizing disc golf's premier marketer of the sport to promote your company -jomez

Its marketing 101 and they are nailing it so far....

Nah..it's just pushing media for the Holidays, the real questions will start early next year when they unveil their updated website, Paul start's touring, etc. Curious what kind of long term plans will be put in place.

This guy is the worst

Not that I give a rat's a$$ what someone says about my posts behind their keyboard, but I am curious why you felt my comment was out of place, because I am genuinely very interested in what Discraft & Paul have in store...long term.

Not that I give a rat's a$$ what someone says about my posts behind their keyboard, but I am curious why you felt my comment was out of place, because I am genuinely very interested in what Discraft & Paul have in store...long term.

I don't think you're that curious.

Just from reading threads here, I'd agree. It seems like there are many people who will change up their bag because of this move. Nice pull Discraft.
I watched the first video from the point of view of a Paul fan who throws mostly Innova and has little familiarity with the Discraft lineup. He's being candid about his first impressions and chucking them for the camera, which is such a simple and straightforward production, yet feels like a huge deal given the history involved. And soon enough we'll watch him throw these discs in competition. In all honesty I have zero appetite to change my bag much if at all, but if this was happening when I first started playing, it would have a huge impact to watch it all unfold. You know those moments when you read a few glowing reviews of a disc here, watch a tournament on YouTube, and before you know it you're buying a stack online?

If Discraft plays this right, I can see a wide variety of his signature/new molds selling like hotcakes in the same way his McPro discs sold for Innova. It's basically just doing limited runs that get released at random times, and some interesting stamps/colors/plastics, and you're selling out overnight. Honestly their current lineup is pretty bland looking in my opinion so it will be interesting to see whether they can fully leverage the brand to its potential.

In all honesty I have zero appetite to change my bag much if at all, but if this was happening when I first started playing, it would have a huge impact to watch it all unfold. You know those moments when you read a few glowing reviews of a disc here, watch a tournament on YouTube, and before you know it you're buying a stack online?

If Discraft plays this right, I can see a wide variety of his signature/new molds selling like hotcakes in the same way his McPro discs sold for Innova. It's basically just doing limited runs that get released at random times, and some interesting stamps/colors/plastics, and you're selling out overnight. Honestly their current lineup is pretty bland looking in my opinion so it will be interesting to see whether they can fully leverage the brand to its potential.

These reflect my thoughts pretty well. Discraft can really only go up in terms of sales, hype and overall disc recognition.

Because you relentlessly went about how Paul was staying with Innova while it was the worst kept secret in disc golf. Plus, some of those were from very reputable sources.

For the fact that you have been spamming DGCR about McBeth not leaving Innova since November and just couldn't wrap your head around how he could possible leave Innova.

And now you want to see what Discraft and Paul are doing long term.

You sounded like a demented fanboy for Innova and now you're starting to sound like that towards Discraft.

While we all have a special place in our hearts for either one or multiple manufacturers and/or their players, you seem like the type who just drinks the kool-aid. Next flight, Jonestown.

Because you relentlessly went about how Paul was staying with Innova while it was the worst kept secret in disc golf.

ok...fwiw...I admit the whole "Paul goes to Discraft" thing was incredibly fascinating for me because it was the first major sponsor change in my short history of disc golf that didn't make sense...at all. While I have always thrown a mixed bag, my favorite players have been Will Shusterick, Paul McBeth, Nate Doss. And to me that meant.. "Prodigy, Innova, Discraft". When Innova announced his departure on Halloween that seemed brilliant, say he left...cause some media attention...later announce he is still with the team, but now part owner of Innova, etc, etc. I was very intrigued from a business end how this was all going to play out. I couldn't believe Discraft wouldn't have already given players like Nate, MJ, etc, the same treatment if they truly had the funds to do this for McBeth.

Moving forward....after reading everything on the subject...my own personal conclusions are this...

1) Discraft is trying to get back market loss to more media savvy companies like DD and what better way to do this than to sign the most popular player. I just hope their other elite players like Nate, Val, MJ are being taken care of. I get Nate is doing the beer thing, but he's still rated 1038 and has alot of disc golf left...if he wants it.

2) The whole Paul leaves Innova thing is totally justified when Paul basically said he had no transparency when it came to Innova sales. Once I read that, it was instant game over for me. I knew it was more personal than just money for Paul and what better way to make a long lasting point than to "make the enemy of my enemy, my friend".

As far as drinking the koolaid, fanboy stuff.....wherever Will, Paul, Nate end up I will be intrigued and follow their progress. It will be fascinating to see Paul throw Discraft. Will I go back to throwing the Nuke SS or the Buzz? Nope..I will keep throwing Innova, DD, Gateway like I have for 5 years now.

Is this the Paul effect already. I looked at Disc Golf Center's best sellers list. The Buzzz is usually in the top 20, but usually in the bottom quarter. It is now second with the Undertaker and Comet now on the list.

Attachments

• 45607DF4-4F34-4854-A0E2-B847D8399109.jpg
    45607DF4-4F34-4854-A0E2-B847D8399109.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 89
Is this the Paul effect already. I looked at Disc Golf Center's best sellers list. The Buzzz is usually in the top 20, but usually in the bottom quarter. It is now second with the Undertaker and Comet now on the list.

Depends on what "usually" means, but historically (and by that I mean since I've been paying attention over the last 7 years), the Buzzz is in the top 10, and more often top 5. In other words, this is nothing new.

The Comet and Undertaker might definitely be enjoying a McBeth boost though.

Overall, it would be crazy to say that Paul has not had an immediate impact.

Depends on what "usually" means, but historically (and by that I mean since I've been paying attention over the last 7 years), the Buzzz is in the top 10, and more often top 5. In other words, this is nothing new.

The Comet and Undertaker might definitely be enjoying a McBeth boost though.

Overall, it would be crazy to say that Paul has not had an immediate impact.

Do you think he's going to throw Comets?

BTW, it's a McBoost.

Do you think he's going to throw Comets?

He'd be dumb not to give them a fair shake. And as we know, Paul McBeth is not dumb.

Having said that, I don't know if they'll stay in his bag. He might just go Buzzz and putters in that slot.

re: Comet - he also mentioned wanting to try some of the discs that MJ carves such great wood's lines with, so that would def be something he would at least try out for a while even if it doesn't make the final bag. Plus, he said the disc selection would be somewhat fluid as the courses require different shots.

I feel like there's an immediate effect on the forum.. A lot of Discraft flags in the active threads every morning I feel like there's a 25% increase...

I feel like there's an immediate effect on the forum.. A lot of Discraft flags in the active threads every morning I feel like there's a 25% increase...

Absolutely. I feel sorry for the lost souls who still think that pros don't move the meter when it comes to disc sales.

Latest posts