• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Paul Mcbeth Luna review

My local disc shop has announced that there will be a run of ESP Lunas with bottom stamps commemorating McBeth's 5th European Open victory.

So ESP LUNAs for European open and CryZtal for Worlds. . odd to take the same mould for both
Even more odd if they release them at the same time

Maybe they had the LUNA mould in the "press machine" and decided just to make a few runs in different plastics :thmbup:

So ESP LUNAs for European open and CryZtal for Worlds. . odd to take the same mould for both
Even more odd if they release them at the same time

Maybe they had the LUNA mould in the "press machine" and decided just to make a few runs in different plastics :thmbup:

Nothing odd about it. They are trying to capitalize on Paul McBeth's name and his recent wins, as well as the Luna's popularity.

And at exorbitant prices.

Pretty much the absolute worst color you can put on a disc

No kidding. That's going to be pure joy to find in a pile of dead leaves. The only other color combo I've seen that was worse was some fella came to the course with a tie-dye disc in various shades of green.

I'm interested in them as throwers, think I'll just mark the Luna completely off my list.

Collectors and flippers rejoice.

I will throw them. .i have ALOT of disc, every single one has been thrown

I hope the ESP will fly like a new JB LUNA. . and the CryZtal will be a hair more OS. .

Love the JB LUNA as a thrower but it gets flippy after a few weeks

I hope the ESP will fly like a new JB LUNA. . and the CryZtal will be a hair more OS. .

Power to you, I like throwers I can replace at a reasonable cost. And flippy throwing putters are a useful tool to have. I throw my JB Roach every round.

JB Luna?

Pics or it didn't happen

JB Luna?

Pics or it didn't happen

Well, i just call it JB. . instead of "a new and unique plastic blend, combining the fan favorites of Jawbreaker and the durability and extra tackiness of rubber"

Or Hard Jawbreaker. . .JB just feels simpler ;)

But i do prefer the Proto rubber blend….

Will the ESP LUNA be a Europe only release? Just made an order at OTB discs and asked them about the ESP LUNA but they said they will only get the CryZtal

Finally got a chance to compare a Luna side by side with a Roach. Roach has a slightly chubbier, rounded lower wing. Appear to be the same top, can't say for sure.

Seems like a more stable Roach (Ti?) could be a stand in for a Luna.

Will the ESP LUNA be a Europe only release? Just made an order at OTB discs and asked them about the ESP LUNA but they said they will only get the CryZtal

I have no idea. It has Finnish text on it but I'm pretty sure they will sell them elsewhere too. Powergrip is the largest disc shop in Finland and (probably) the biggest distributor of Discraft discs but I'm pretty sure they won't have all of the 2000 ESP Lunas that were made.

I have no idea. It has Finnish text on it but I'm pretty sure they will sell them elsewhere too. Powergrip is the largest disc shop in Finland and (probably) the biggest distributor of Discraft discs but I'm pretty sure they won't have all of the 2000 ESP Lunas that were made.

I just talked to "Discsport" the the largest disc shop in Sweden, and they said "we are discussing that with Discraft and we hope to get a few ESP Lunas"

All the swirl tour series disc has come in a wide range of colors, I don't think the LUNA will be different

Same price as something like the clodbreaker or sky god2 here in Sweden, so I'm ok with the price

Last edited:

Latest posts