• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul McBeth: Man, or machine?

Paul McBeth: Man or machine?

• Man

Votes: 55 37.9%
  • Machine

Votes: 35 24.1%
  • From another planet altogether

Votes: 39 26.9%
  • Other

Votes: 16 11.0%

• Total voters
McBeth is just the best. I've seen him play a lot (video) and the concentration, understanding of the game, etc, etc, emotions in check, keeps a level stance, Mentally, he has this on lockdown, and as he even stated, once he started getting in better shape his game improved.....90% mental 10% physical....if you have both pieces, lookout!

If I can beat him he is a man

F*** yeah MJ! Watching you take him down in person was very impressive.

The scariest thing about McBeth is that he is still finding ways to get better. As good as he has been I've watched him majorly improve the following aspects of his game in the last 24ish months:

Rollers
Midrange outside the circle puts (40-50)
Obstructed stance circle putts (knee putts and straddles)
Forehand (more touch, fewer torqued over OS flex shots, more distance)
OS Hyzers (the way he's throwing the monster so far this year is really impressive. I don't think I've seen him throw the controlled 350 spike hyzer much before this year and he is killing it)

Its really terrifying to think that a kid this good is still finding holes in his game and improving.

I am 37 and I am always finding ways to improve my game. If you aren't trying to learn you are doing nothing more than letting people beat you. And I am signed up to play more big events this year than I ever have been, so its game on

i voted man but somewhere between man and another planet is where i sit. so consistent and I'm certain his game is getting into his competitors heads. Best clutch putter in the game and he can flat out smash. he is taking lines not many others can or will. It is fun to watch. Im probably most impressed with his mental game on the course.

I am 37 and I am always finding ways to improve my game. If you aren't trying to learn you are doing nothing more than letting people beat you. And I am signed up to play more big events this year than I ever have been, so its game on

:hfive::D:clap: good luck this season!

Mcbeth isn't anything super special. every great disc golfer has their time in the spotlight, Climo, Schultz, Feldberg, Doss, Jenkins, among others. they all have had their time, right now its Mcbeth. his time will pass and another will take the front. Mcbeth is a great disc golfer, but he is no better than the others when they were in their prime.

Climo....and stop. KC is really the only person on your list that could compare to Paul, and that was a different time when the competition wasn't as stiff as it is now. Don't get me wrong, the other golfers are great competitors, but are not on the same level as PM.

If only Will Shusterick could putt.

Also, think how good McBeth would be if he bagged Comets!

I know that's the standard knock on will, and it probably is the biggest hole in his game, but he has other problems too. He can't power down ever, and throws too hard in the woods.

I know that's the standard knock on will, and it probably is the biggest hole in his game, but he has other problems too. He can't power down ever, and throws too hard in the woods.

I was just thinking about a couple of tournaments not too long ago where I believe Will only needed to make a short putt (more than once) for the win, and didn't. Which allowed McBeth to win both times. I could be wrong.

You could say the same thing about Simon. You'll watch McBeth power down a neutral to understable midrange for short shots (like 250') while Simon and Will are mashing putters and missing lines.

:clap::clap::clap:

(Ugh. Twice in two weeks that I have agreed with AIM.)

You could say the same thing about Simon. You'll watch McBeth power down a neutral to understable midrange for short shots (like 250') while Simon and Will are mashing putters and missing lines.

If Will can't crush a hyzer at it, he's in trouble.

Shoot. Will has a hard time not throwing putters for 350 lines at times. And that's truely not exaggeration, I've seen it in person.

But yeah, Simon too.

When I miss a putt high/long right I say I "Will Shustericked" it (say that 3 times) and when I miss low/short left I "Nate Dossed" it. Both times I made a line drive putt in the middle of the chains I "Steve Rico'd" it.

Or Nikko would have a mental game. Or if Ricky would have self confidence...

Both of them have the tools to beat McBeth but lack the mental strength. I don't know about the work ethic. And that separates them. Just as it separated Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant from the others.

IMHO Simon is still learning his game, he's getting better, and he's putting the effort into it that he needs to in order to win. He admitted he has not always done that in the past. So I have high hopes that Simon will continue to improve his already considerably good game.

IMHO Simon is still learning his game, he's getting better, and he's putting the effort into it that he needs to in order to win. He admitted he has not always done that in the past. So I have high hopes that Simon will continue to improve his already considerably good game.
I think he'd be better off touring in Europe. Touring with Avery and the flying circus bs seemed to have hurt his progression. Just imagine if he could've toured with McBeth. Sexton seems more determined than Simon anyway, but I think the skills of McBeth along with the support of Innova have helped Sexton's game.

Latest posts