• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PCS Open 2023

Also disabling that huge hyzer drive would be nice. Its not like its automatic but IMO defeats the purpose too much

Idk, I saw 2 people doing it in r1 and they are probably the top 2 distance guys on tour. Plus it's a terrible play with headwind or LtR wind, maybe RtL too.

I think it's ok to have a few places occasionally where creative players with big arms can take a unintended route, as long as it isn't hazardous to others on the course.

If it became a go to for a significant portion of the top players then yes, I agree, throw up a mando or move the tee to take it out of play.

Looks like Henna took an 11 on a par 5.... hope it wasnt another absolute putting meltdown

She missed the island over and over.

I know it's easier said than done, but...

Had she managed to par that hole instead of piling up those penalties, she'd be even par, and in 4th place going into Rd 3.

fun last round in FPO, very up and down for KT . .the young Ida played good, to bad she made misstakes on 18

question: final round MPO, lead card, hole #2. Calvin dropped in to the casual water. He played it like OB--i.e., closer to the basket, rather than behind the "casual water". What this the correct way to play it?

question: final round MPO, lead card, hole #2. Calvin dropped in to the casual water. He played it like OB--i.e., closer to the basket, rather than behind the "casual water". What this the correct way to play it?
It's a relief area, not casual water. Relief area plays exactly like OB except with no penalty stroke.

According to the map for hole 2, the water in front of the green is played as a relief area, not casual.
So it would be played as OB, but without any penalty according to 806.04

I wasn't able to watch today's round so I don't know if this was the area that Calvin was in.

I know I'm in the minority but no commentary Jomez is a breath of fresh air. The production quality and shots speak for themselves. The constant talk and information being thrown around every round detracts from the footage. I found myself more engaged with this round than any other this year. If track selection was a thing I turn on Natural most every time.

I guess the age of BigBerri has worn thin on me for some time. Sexton was the linchpin for Jomez commentary. It's not that I dislike them as people, they seem great and do a ton for the sport. Their insights and knowledge are good but other pros/commentators can provide that just as well, if not better. I've found myself annoyed with their banter and chitchat, subsequently skipping sections to hear less of them and see more action.

I know I'm in the minority but no commentary Jomez is a breath of fresh air...

I enjoy the commentary but also found the last round enjoyable without it. After having watched the first two rounds I knew the holes and didn't need them explained again. Hearing the natural sounds and the players banter was great.

I like the idea of being able to choose a commentated or natural sounds version, would be great to have both versions posted...

My wife and I watched the early version without commentary as well, and were pleasantly surprised. At first we thought we'd miss the play-by-play, but it was just as good without it. I agree that sometimes Jerm and Paul go off on weird, silly tangents that become distracting.

I was okay without the commentary, but I had watched most of the event on DGN, so I wasn't that invested either way.

I am at the point where I'm about ready to stop watching live. It's usually just playing in the background and I only catch bits of the action, but then watching the edited coverage doesn't have intrigue.

Am I the only one who wished they just left the tractor alone? Now it is freshly painted and on a platform - sorta messes with the mystique.

Latest posts