• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA # 50,000

should i even bother getting a pdga number?

That answer is up to you. Ultimately - can you afford $50 *Edited $30?* in a year? Maybe it means one less cappuccino each month, or a few less times going to McDonald's in a year.

Physical benefits - A magazine every few months, that talks about your favorite sport and has cool pictures. A disc up front, and a dog tag each year following, not sure what you do with the dog tag, put it on your dog maybe.. discounts at hotels. $10 off sanctioned tournaments - will you play more than 4 each year(or even approaching that number, the more tourneys you play the cheaper that magazine subscription gets)? then the answer is obvious if $$ is the goal. Ability to play A tier and higher - of course there is great tourneys below an A tier, but there is some amazing experiences to be had at any A tier, or NT or Major.

Then there's the aspect of "supporting the sport" or helping the sport grow, or giving to the organization that is devoted to the sport of disc golf, whether or not you agree with everything they do, they're going to keep doing what they think is best for keeping us throwing frisbees as we walk through the woods.

Last edited:
should i even bother getting a pdga number?

If you play a few sanctioned events a year, it's worth it. And you can track your ratings, which is a big plus for many players. Or, if you want to give back to disc golf, and support the PDGA, IMO, $50 is money well spent (if you can afford it).

It's up to you, though. There are plenty of long time players here who have never become members and never will be. Some of them feel like their money can be spent in better ways, while still supporting our game. And there's a strong argument for that.

Do what fits your needs best, young pup. :)

Edit: ^ Martin (who's played a couple more courses than me) beat me to it.

Last edited:
Seems like I just joined recently, and it's almost doubled (I am 57333).

I get $50 from my Dad for Christmas every year, I use that to re-up. Something tangible and cool, rather than spending it on trinkets.... Now that I think about it, why am I still getting money from my Dad when I'm 54 years old??

I joined in 2011 and got #48073. Pretty amazing how long it took to get to over 50,000, compared to how long it took to get from 50,000 to 100,000.

Just passed 121,000.... Incredible.

I know for sure that many of us caught the course bagging bug here, which lead to more people planning road trips, which lead to more people playing more courses.... which increased the demand for courses. So here we are with over 6000 courses listed. I wonder how many new PDGA memberships this site is responsible for? Not sure if we could even guess.

I know for sure that many of us caught the course bagging bug here, which lead to more people planning road trips, which lead to more people playing more courses.... which increased the demand for courses. So here we are with over 6000 courses listed. I wonder how many new PDGA memberships this site is responsible for? Not sure if we could even guess.

Strong and powerful DGCR. Google likes in search results a lot.

"View and review over 8000 Disc Golf Courses...." is current opening DGCR description.

Course 10,000 thread?

Strong and powerful DGCR. Google likes in search results a lot.

"View and review over 8000 Disc Golf Courses...." is current opening DGCR description.

Course 10,000 thread?

Wow. 8000. Just silly compared to pre DGCR numbers. I think besides the numbers, the multi course set ups that are private and public are icing on the cake for all us all. Some have fees and some are free to play, but being able to play/bag multiple courses at one site is really hard to beat. Unless they are not maintained and have grass that is 4ft. high.

100,000 since I joined in '02. #21433

I feel like I haven't been playing for very long, but it has exploded in my area. It's weird playing a tournament where I have one of the lowest PDGA #s in my divison. 54075. More people have signed up after me then before me. Crazy growth.

I feel like I haven't been playing for very long, but it has exploded in my area. It's weird playing a tournament where I have one of the lowest PDGA #s in my divison. 54075. More people have signed up after me then before me. Crazy growth.

Brian Graham focused on membership when he became commissioner. Now it's just the thing to do.

Latest posts