• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[PDGA Major] Champions Cup 2024

7:10 & 7:21pm local time adjusted tee times for MPO chase & lead cards giving about 1 hour of potential playable light if they go off on time. I'm guessing most of the MPO field will be required to get up and play at least 9 holes tomorrow morning ahead of the FPO start.

Presents some challenges for the DGN live and post produced coverage since they share the same camera operators & recordings these days.

DGN live (non-pro) just cut off at 5:30 with several FPO holes to play… it looks like PRO is still pumping out the live, but us $5.99ers are cut off. They left us hanging with a Henna shank-putt inside the circle.

Trying to entice people to upgrade their subscription.

Trying to entice people to upgrade their subscription.
Working fine for me.
Which is wild.
...and probably bullshit.
Realistically, dgn sets a start and end time for their broadcasts prior to going live, and because the regular subscription doesn't include the aftershow, the normal end time is later for the pro subscription.

With all the delays someone probably just forgot to change the end time on the regular subscription, or it required a client side refresh to go through.

The coverage has been excellent so far. Northwood Black must be a fairly difficult course for camera coverage. (I'm mostly watching MPO)
The announcing trio of Terry Miller, Nate Doss and Nate Sexton is so good. I prefer their serious tone with a little bit of humor. IMO, they are not far off from PGA announcers.
The "check-ins" with Brian Earhart are great.

That was another enjoyable round. Believe it or not I watched it during a drive to and from Ikea and the grueling walk within. One of my least favorite places on Earth. Watching this on the side made it so much easier.

McBeth making an early push. Any chance he gets within striking range (5-6 strokes) at the end of the today?

White and Salonen are both riding a level of confidence in executing tee shots with great commitment. Might burn them if they start missing angles/lines on the final day w/ accumulated fatigue from the prior rounds.

McBeth might get into the chase card for final round with a hot start to R3 but I don't think 'striking range' will be possible with White playing well already. Some tough holes in the early part of the back 9 might shoot him up to top 4 for a bit if he executes.

It'll be interesting to see how Salonen handles tomorrow with Kristin just 2 strokes behind her.

I suppose it'll be hard for anyone to catch her if she cards eight birdies again, six of them coming on successive holes (#'s 9 -14). That's a helluva streak.

Yeah, great 10 holes for McBeth, but it would take a major hiccup by White for Paul to get back in it.
Salonen just needs to keep putting solidly. Tattar seems to start slow, but she finishes so strong.
I think Salonen needs to get a 4 or 5 stroke lead to have a chance to win.