• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA need to get in bed with a sponsor like Red Bull

red bull is poison
:thmbup: This. Red Bull is awful and it definitely doesn't make me want to play disc golf. In fact, no real athlete should ever consume such sugary crap.

We need a sponsor like Chiquita so we can have lots of potassium during a round. I dunno. I try to consider healthier options.

psssssst you know who really should be a major sponsor for disc golf tournaments......

Innova
Discraft
Trilogy
etc etc

outside of a few majors the big 3 really profiteer off of tourneys far more than they support

the big 3 will never be fortune 500 but they could stop making their fortune off of the 500 tourneys held every year
I don't think any of those companies make a fortune off of tournaments.

They make a fortune (relatively, lets be honest here) by selling their product. Which is exactly what a business should focus on first.

:thmbup: This. Red Bull is awful and it definitely doesn't make me want to play disc golf. In fact, no real athlete should ever consume such sugary crap.

We need a sponsor like Chiquita so we can have lots of potassium during a round. I dunno. I try to consider healthier options.
My god. The crybaby segment on DGCR is coming out tonight. For all the 'growing the sport' nonsense that gets spouted around here... you clowns are pretty picky about where your bread is buttered.

They make a fortune (relatively, lets be honest here) by selling their product. Which is exactly what a business should focus on first.

ummmm they make a lot of money off of disc golf without really investing anything back into the game.....outside of a few splashy tourneys that really don't cost them much and only benefits the top 50 or so players in the world

My god. The crybaby segment on DGCR is coming out tonight. For all the 'growing the sport' nonsense that gets spouted around here... you clowns are pretty picky about where your bread is buttered.
Yep, I'm a crybaby because I don't like Red Bull! Sure they could throw some money at DG but I don't have to support their crappy product.

And for the record I really hate when people say "grow the sport".

I don't think its clownish to not want your passion to be sponsored by a product that is highly unhealthy and dangerous and doesn't really jive much with the experience most enjoy about disc golf smh

ummmm they make a lot of money off of disc golf without really investing anything back into the game.....outside of a few splashy tourneys that really don't cost them much and only benefits the top 50 or so players in the world
Doesn't their R&D count as reinvesting back into the game?

Why are tournaments the only way to give back?

Doesn't their R&D count as reinvesting back into the game?

Why are tournaments the only way to give back?

tournaments are not the only way......but they profit off of every facet of the game without every really doing anything to support the sport

they profit off of baskets/courses which come at free volunteer labor to install
they profit off of selling discs
they profit off of selling discs to tourney directors

Since no smart businessman would advertise or support an endeavor that gives no return we are left to target who is making a profit off of disc golf and logically should invest more into it...yep disc manufacturers and the handful of apparel,bag companies etc are the only ones making a profit

sidenote 9/10 dg clothing,disc,bag etc companies seem to fail so I really am not sure there really is any return on any investment in disc golf

and soda.
and alcohol.
and fast food.

that sponsor list is starting to look pretty thin from your moral high horse.
Maybe it would be better to accept sponsors who actually have some interest in supporting the community instead of just making tons of money selling crap products. Which was what you would get if Coke, McDonalds, or other such companies were sponsors. Disc golf is a special community that is different from major sports. I don't think a huge bank account is necessarily going to make things better. Usually it's where there is lots of money where there is also lots of corruption. Look at any major sport!

and soda.
and alcohol.
and fast food.

that sponsor list is starting to look pretty thin from your moral high horse.

face it disc golf isnt cool

disc golf is just fun

no sponsors want to be affiliated with something thats not cool

its bad for business

Maybe it would be better to accept sponsors who actually have some interest in supporting the community instead of just making tons of money selling crap products.
I suppose we'll just have to sit around and wait for these magical, organic, healthy, non-GMO, non-child labor, non-trans fat, sprinkled-with-unicorn-dust, sponsors to show up.

I suppose we'll just have to sit around and wait for these magical, organic, healthy, non-GMO, non-child labor, non-trans fat, sprinkled-with-unicorn-dust, sponsors to show up.

yes we will wait and some of us who consume that crap will die sooner than those of us who choose to not drink poison

A friend of mine from high school is the COO of Pabst (they own Redbull). Have been mulling over talking to him about disc golf

Latest posts