• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA NT: 2019 Dynamic Discs Glass Blown Open 24-Apr to 27-Apr-2019

FYI. I had to drop out of GBO. MA60+ was full but there are now 2 open spots. A few other divisions also have a very few openings for those interested.

Are ya ready for some SMASHBOXX!?! :D

They got GBO covered from all angles...

The Smashboxx TV crew will be providing live coverage for MPO 1 and FPO 2.

Jomez Production is setting the bar for disc golf media and GBO will be no exception. They will be covering MPO 1, MPO 2, and FPO 1.

Gatekeeper Media is the hero as they came in the last minute to help when another company was unable to make it to cover FPO 2.

New for this year is the Dynamic Discs Media. In the last year Anthony and Danny have been creating tournament coverage for the Dynamic Discs YouTube channel and with each release they bring more and more to the coverage. They will be covering MPO 3.

I'm guessing the FPO2 live broadcast is a typo?.. lol

Round 1 Tee times are up on the pdga site event page...

MPO1 McBeth, Eagle, AJ and JohnE 3pm(no idea if this is local times or eastern?)
MPO2 Simon, Melton, Ricky and Oakley 2:50
MPO3 Sexton, Shue, Heimburg and Keegan 2:40

FPO1 PaigeP, PaigeB, Madison and Kona 9am
FPO2 Cat, Van Dyken, Andyke and Becca Cox 8:50

(Not official. This is my guess based on them going with the last couple teetimes)

Last edited:
Round 1 Tee times are up on the pdga site event page...

MPO1 McBeth, Eagle, AJ and JohnE 3pm(no idea if this is local times or eastern?)
MPO2 Simon, Melton, Ricky and Oakley 2:50
MPO3 Sexton, Shue, Heimburg and Keegan 2:40

FPO1 PaigeP, PaigeB, Madison and Kona 9am
FPO2 Cat, Van Dyken, Andyke and Becca Cox 8:50

(Not official. This is my guess based on them going with the last couple teetimes)

Tee times are always local time (in this case, Central). They are displayed as entered by the TD or whoever uploaded them. Since the primary reason to post them is to inform the players of where they need to be and when, it makes no sense not to use the local time.

Are ya ready for some SMASHBOXX!?! :D

They got GBO covered from all angles...

I'm guessing the FPO2 live broadcast is a typo?.. lol

I'm betting not. It looks like they have some help. Will be interesting to see. BTW - Jeremy strikes me as the kind of person who'd want to do both.

Plus if all that isn't enough. We are gonna try something that we haven't done before. We are going to have a live camera on it's own feed for most of the day. We are gonna have hole 16 live. This is a raw feed. No commentary, no graphics. Just players throwing. I don't even know if we will have audio on it or not yet. This is something new we are going to try. If it works out well, we may do it thru the entire weekend, if is sucks... we will pull it. But hey, lets give it a try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8A94fS6ytg

Plus if all that isn't enough. We are gonna try something that we haven't done before. We are going to have a live camera on it's own feed for most of the day. We are gonna have hole 16 live. This is a raw feed. No commentary, no graphics. Just players throwing. I don't even know if we will have audio on it or not yet. This is something new we are going to try. If it works out well, we may do it thru the entire weekend, if is sucks... we will pull it. But hey, lets give it a try.

Finally. Been asking for something like this for awhile. Don't remember the course well enough to remember the hole but I always thought there should be a cam either set up on an ace run type hole or a dangerous par3 like 17 at USDGC. Even if its only needed a few times during a stream to fill in time, it can help if the normal cams crash for some reason, or if there is a dead zone in the course. Plus, you never know what you might film while its not being used.

...Oh nevermind I guess. I didn't realize you meant it would have its own stream. I thought you meant you could just cut away to it... Interesting...

Last edited:
How is the hole layout? can you see the tee AND the basket with one fixed camera?

Its 380ft ish carry over water to a real island green with tallish trees up the right side, along with an OB path. The oval shaped green isn't much bigger than circle1 from front to back(might even be smaller, #morememoryproblems)... and its usually pretty windy.

Its far enough to where they would need to zoom in from the tee to see the discs hit.

Last edited:
Well... I guess if he got the right angle on it, you could probably track the discs. It all depends on the background and lighting. Some of the guys will be throwing giant hyzers over the trees though, so it will be hard to catch those on a fixed cam.

Latest posts