• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA NT: 2019 Dynamic Discs Glass Blown Open 24-Apr to 27-Apr-2019

Thanks for the great job you guys are doing. I do have a request that I've been meaning to ask you about for some time.
The screen bug graphic in the upper left corner indicating the hole number and the distance is way too small. Could you possibly double the size of it? No matter what device I watch the coverage on the graphic is just really tiny. I'd be curious if others agree or disagree with me on this. Thanks again.

It's part of the global conspiracy to disenfranchise baby boomers by continually making text smaller.

ok ok. I will increase the hole bug size. It is pretty small honestly. I will bump it up a bit for all us old people.

And yes, my system handles the 720 broadcast better than the 1080p60 with 4 cameras. But, I also made a few other changes to help out with some resources.

Thanks for watching everyone. Much appreciated.

Really felt like Eagle and Paul both left a lot on the table. Both were on pace to have double digit under par rounds. With 4 rounds those two will have time to separate and finish 1-2.

Good coverage. My family thought it was pretty boring, but it was nice to have on in the background for a few hours.

Not complaining just wondering what peoples thoughts are.

It looks like every player in MPO and FPO went OB during the round. Is this a sign that there is too much OB at the Country Club?

It looks like every player in MPO and FPO went OB during the round. Is this a sign that there is too much OB at the Country Club?

I think..no . . . .the players are just to agressive at times.

Sure, Hole 16 is HARD to stick. . .but you don´t need to, in FPO Kona played safe and got a 3, all the other on the card went for it and went OB.

It will be interesting to see if Paige P will go for it today. . i think she will, she is after the "most OB in a year" trophy

Thats more where I was. I figured with the perfect conditions we would have seen a bunch with no OB, but maybe that just made everybody more aggressive.

Yea... there were probably a bunch that went for that island because the wind was down.

It indicates the possibility for sure. IMO looking at the physical characteristics of the holes individually is the only way to truly know though.

I watch almost all of the disc golf coverage available on you tube. This being said, is it just me or (other than hole 16) is this ECC course the worst on tour?????? Just because a hole is long doesn't make it a good hole. And "artificial OB" throws up the "bad design red flag".

I think..no . . . .the players are just to agressive at times.

Sure, Hole 16 is HARD to stick. . .but you don´t need to, in FPO Kona played safe and got a 3, all the other on the card went for it and went OB.

It will be interesting to see if Paige P will go for it today. . i think she will, she is after the "most OB in a year" trophy

I view hole 16 like the island hole at USDGC. it's a separator, adults from the guy who charges into the machine gun nest, accomplishes nothing, but dies in a blaze of glory. The question becomes is that good and are such holes interesting? I find them frustrating. I wonder how many folks who went for it made it?

I watch almost all of the disc golf coverage available on you tube. This being said, is it just me or (other than hole 16) is this ECC course the worst on tour?????? Just because a hole is long doesn't make it a good hole. And "artificial OB" throws up the "bad design red flag".

It isn't that simple. I don't like such courses either but you work with the property you have. Given what it is they've done pretty well, IMO.

I'm hesitant to say "too much" anything based on one round of data. Without examining each hole individually, I think it's safe to say that a bunch of the OB is unavoidable due to the property being used. Ball golf courses with water and other features (greens, bunkers) that the caretakers likely require them to avoid. Make it all in bounds and the course probably becomes a distance contest rather than a golf contest.

I'm in the camp that believes that most players simply haven't mastered the course management skill. That includes both a portion of the touring players and a lot of the non-touring folks that turn out for events like this. Granted, we only saw a handful of players yesterday, but it seemed to me that most of the OB throws were either poor execution (shanks) or poor choices. I didn't see much that jumped out at me as a case of a good, seemingly smart play that landed OB because the OB was poorly placed.

Never played there or probably any of of the courses on tour but I do slightly agree. Im also not a fan of disc golf on ball golf courses. That being said I do find this slightly boring to watch. Im still going to watch because its live disc golf but watching a lot of full power shots isnt that fun to me.

But I look at each tour stop as its own thing. Some cater to the big arms and some cater to the technical arms. They all have their own unique flair and I think that that is needed to find a well rounded tour champion. If I were a touring pro I would skip playing events that are on ball golf courses.

I have not watched the MPO yet. . but i was surprised that the top 4 guys all got a 3 on hole 16. . for me thats a 2 or 4 kind of hole

Never played there or probably any of of the courses on tour but I do slightly agree. Im also not a fan of disc golf on ball golf courses. That being said I do find this slightly boring to watch. Im still going to watch because its live disc golf but watching a lot of full power shots isnt that fun to me.

But I look at each tour stop as its own thing. Some cater to the big arms and some cater to the technical arms. They all have their own unique flair and I think that that is needed to find a well rounded tour champion. If I were a touring pro I would skip playing events that are on ball golf courses.

From what i hear they play all rounds on that cource . . much for that it is easy to film and for the spectators to watch.
Shouldn´t "fun to play" be a priority?

...Make it all in bounds and the course probably becomes a distance contest rather than a golf contest...

OB is not the only choice available to the TD. Relief Areas (no-penalty OB) would work too. Those parallel-to-the-fairway areas would still punish a bad throw with lost distance. If that's not enough, the TD can add tricky DZs.

From what i hear they play all rounds on that cource . . much for that it is easy to film and for the spectators to watch.
Shouldn´t "fun to play" be a priority?

I think TPTB believe that long, open courses where the top players can throw bombs is what everyone wants to watch. I think they're sadly mistaken.

And yes, it's easier to film and for (large numbers of) spectators to watch.

The last time Worlds was held in Emporia, all I heard, especially from local pros, is that it was "boring". And that is how I begin to feel after trying to watch FPO and MPO and multiple cards for four days. It gets numbing after a while seeing the same shots over and over and over....

And I'd also say "yes' the artificial OB is an artificial and bad way to try to make the course more challenging. All it does is bore us more... "Oh look, everyone went OB, how exciting!"

What are the non-CC courses in Emporia? Jones East is one of them, IIRC? Those courses are a lot more fun for me as a spectator than watching everyone try to throw hyzers as hard as they can all day...

Not a fan of the Country Club but I'll watch it over Las Vegas every time.