• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA NT: 2021 Dynamic Discs Open Apr 28-May 1

1050 boy lead card. Let's hope it lives up to the hype.

I predict Calvin and Ricky pull away from the pack and have their own little battle.
Calvin and Ricky finish at -42, Calvin wins the tiebreaker.

Wow, Hannah McBeth is really excellent on the FPO coverage. I haven't heard her do tournament commentary before. She and Terry work well together.

Paul can be hard to catch with a lead, and we've yet to see full McBeast mode this year.

Lot of talent clustered near the top there tho. Should be fun. Wish I could find a bar that shows DGN instead of ESPN on at least one of their 25 jumbotrons.

Wow, Hannah McBeth is really excellent on the FPO coverage. I haven't heard her do tournament commentary before. She and Terry work well together.

Definitely better than the MPO team. All that was missing from the MPO coverage was a laugh track.

I predict Calvin and Ricky pull away from the pack and have their own little battle.
Calvin and Ricky finish at -42, Calvin wins the tiebreaker.

I got Eagle, Paul, Ricky, Calvin.

There are plenty of other company partnerships like this. I copied from Reddit below. Note that this weekend you'll see a lot of Lat64, Westside, and DD signs but rarely see other companies. It's because this is the DD Open, and they posted many signs from their partner companies.

I'll group the manufacturers here together by their production.

Innova, Discmania, Millenium, Hyzerbomb (iirc)

Latitude 64, Westside, Dynamic Discs

MVP, Axiom

Discraft, DGA

Prodiscus, Element

Gateway makes some smaller brand's discs as well, Reptilian, Fly High, and Element

Manufacturers that only produce for one brand (afaik): Prodigy, Vibram, Kastaplast, Legacy

Note that these don't necessarily mean that these companies are related, but these are where the discs come from. With the Innova and Latitude family, their sponsored players can carry from all brands within the family.

There are some other smaller manufacturers I know I've missed, but these are the basics.

MVP, Axiom, and Streamline. When you see an MVP player throwing something NOT over-molded, it's likely a Streamline disc.

Thought the Gold course the first two days was way too easy. If putting is going to be a non challenge then the course set ups need to be very long and demanding. Way too many 600 foot par "4"s. Basically a set up for Am1/2 players, not the best in the world. Some of the holes were fine, but many were standard birdie holes. Birdie should be a good score, not expected.

Putting seems to be the key in FPO. .
Hailey and Heather only missed ONE C1x putt i R3
Cat and Macie missed 4 . . .and Kona 6

Putting seems to be the key in FPO. .
Hailey and Heather only missed ONE C1x putt i R3
Cat and Macie missed 4 . . .and Kona 6

FPO isn't as deep for sure and the lower ratings suggest they are not as good putters as the top MPO. Missing one putt a round is still fairly ridiculous though for the two. I've seen guys go an entire 4 round tournament and not miss a putt.

My money is on paul, but I'm hoping for a close battle.

20mph winds all day. Who is the better wind player? I'm leaning towards Paul.
While I love a battle in perfect conditions, a windy situation can be fun to watch too. :popcorn:

20mph winds all day. Who is the better wind player? I'm leaning towards Paul.
While I love a battle in perfect conditions, a windy situation can be fun to watch too. :popcorn:

I'll take Eagle off the tee, but Paul is the better wind putter imop. Ricky occasionally seems to have issues with wind and his nose down putting, will be fun to watch for sure.

Latest posts