• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA NT: 2021 Dynamic Discs Open Apr 28-May 1

I'm really looking forward to a tourney with Eveliina, Henna Bloomroos, Kristin Tattar, Paige, Cat and Hailey. (I think Heather Young will be mentioned with this group before too long too.)

I hope Henna, Eveliina and Kirstin will play Worlds but i don´t thing they are signed up

Both Henna and Eveliina have a great chance to win Worlds so i really hope they make it over to the US

I hope Henna, Eveliina and Kirstin will play Worlds but i don´t thing they are signed up

Both Henna and Eveliina have a great chance to win Worlds so i really hope they make it over to the US

They would definitely kick things up a notch over here...

Kristin Tattar #73986 | Rated 964
Henna Blomroos #59227 | Rated 966
Eveliina Salonen #64927 | Rated 966

You need the best players to make a tournament "fun" . . DDO on the MPO side had the four best rated players on the final day lead card. . super fun to watch.

On the FPO side four of the top 6 rated players in the World did not even play. . how fun is that?!
Hard to grow the FPO side when the best players don´t even play in the event.

You need the best players to make a tournament "fun" . . DDO on the MPO side had the four best rated players on the final day lead card. . super fun to watch.

On the FPO side four of the top 6 rated players in the World did not even play. . how fun is that?!
Hard to grow the FPO side when the best players don´t even play in the event.

That sounds like you bailed out of watching the FPO. 4 of the biggest arms in FPO were all on the final card. Hailey King and Catrina Allen did some lead trading throughout the day. Catrina Allen suffered a case of wayward discs (much in the same way Calvin had) coming down the stretch. Hailey birdies 2 out of the last 4 holes to take the lead and seal the victory.

Macie Walker, who was fairly unknown before the tournament, absolutely crushes the disc all day, then realizes on hole 16 that she is behind for 3rd by 3 strokes to Heather Young, who shot the hot round of the day from chase card. So she proceeds to run everything and to try for 3rd. She sinks a ~25' death putt on 16, throws it in from well outside c2 for eagle on 17, and then ends up sinking an uphill c2 putt on 18 for par to end up in a tie for 3rd.

Kona starts out by crushing a drive 500 feet on hole #1, with a mis-throw even, and continues to crush it the whole day, but continues to suffer from that on again/off again putting. If her putting was on she could have shot 6 or 7 strokes better, and she still was only +1 on the day.

Plenty to be interested in on the FPO side, if you want.

Not likely-- certainly.

Not that I want anything to happen, but...

If for some reason, things don't work out for you with MVP...

You gotta think Latitude 64 would like to have a player who basically gives them a shout-out every time their name is mentioned by the PDGA.

Nova Six Four Politte #74995

Last edited:
That sounds like you bailed out of watching the FPO. 4 of the biggest arms in FPO were all on the final card. Hailey King and Catrina Allen did some lead trading throughout the day. Catrina Allen suffered a case of wayward discs (much in the same way Calvin had) coming down the stretch. Hailey birdies 2 out of the last 4 holes to take the lead and seal the victory.

Macie Walker, who was fairly unknown before the tournament, absolutely crushes the disc all day, then realizes on hole 16 that she is behind for 3rd by 3 strokes to Heather Young, who shot the hot round of the day from chase card. So she proceeds to run everything and to try for 3rd. She sinks a ~25' death putt on 16, throws it in from well outside c2 for eagle on 17, and then ends up sinking an uphill c2 putt on 18 for par to end up in a tie for 3rd.

Kona starts out by crushing a drive 500 feet on hole #1, with a mis-throw even, and continues to crush it the whole day, but continues to suffer from that on again/off again putting. If her putting was on she could have shot 6 or 7 strokes better, and she still was only +1 on the day.

Plenty to be interested in on the FPO side, if you want.

I did watch FPO, and sure it´s fun to see some new players on the top cards. . BUT i can´t help find myself thinking what players like Paige, Henna and Eveliina could have done if they played.
Of the player that DID play Cat is the most "complete" player, all the others has one or more week spots in their game. . and some really strong ones
if Heather had Paige, Kona or Hennas distance she would be hard to beat. . .Or if Kona had Heathers putt.

I did watch FPO, and sure it´s fun to see some new players on the top cards. . BUT i can´t help find myself thinking what players like Paige, Henna and Eveliina could have done if they played.
Of the player that DID play Cat is the most "complete" player, all the others has one or more week spots in their game. . and some really strong ones
if Heather had Paige, Kona or Hennas distance she would be hard to beat. . .Or if Kona had Heathers putt.

IMO, watching Hailey King right now is basically like watching Calvin Heimburg a few years ago. She seems set to be a force in FPO for years to come. Perfect frame with great form, leading to world class distance. Her putting is, much like Calvin's, simple and apparently effortless compared to how much pace she gets on the putt. Even kealed and apparently unflappable. All this and not yet 20, I believe.

Honestly, having some of the young up and comers get lead cards and wins right now, even if they are COVID or Hawaii affected, is probably one of the best things possible for the FPO overall. Having more overall name recognition, as well as the taste of success, leads to a better overall sporting experience.

I've never seen her play or met her, but it is exciting to see Macie Walker on some cards lately. During the Jonesboro final round, she was putting up a post on our local facebook group about the weekly Monday night dubs that she hosts. I bet you don't get that from a lot of pros on live coverage.

With how she's done against Heather Young locally over the last year, I knew it was just a matter of time before she had some moments.

I was looking at stats over the weekend and saw that Ricky was 0% from circle 2. I was shocked. Then I remembered a few holes, dug deeper, and found out that he had "throw-ins" from 100, 68, and 70 feet. Pretty sure that accounts for almost half the throw-ins for the whole weekend.

I was looking at stats over the weekend and saw that Ricky was 0% from circle 2. I was shocked. Then I remembered a few holes, dug deeper, and found out that he had "throw-ins" from 100, 68, and 70 feet. Pretty sure that accounts for almost half the throw-ins for the whole weekend.

I haven't seen his stats, but based on his play I'm guessing most of his drives, approaches landed in C1 resulting in little to no C2 data. ?

Nice to see a good crop of young talent on the rise in the FPO division.

Hailey, Heather, Macey, Alexis and Valarie Mandujano ...all seem like they have significant upside as they gain experience and develop. Would really like to see them compete against Henna Blomroos, Eveliina Salonen, and Kristin Tattar.

I'm sure Paige, Cat and Sarah will make them earn every stroke.