• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA NT: 2021 Dynamic Discs Open Apr 28-May 1

Watching final round MPO lead card, it was refreshing to see those guys struggle a bit in the wind. The earlier rounds when they were crushing the Jones course were fun in their own way. But it is a little more exciting to see some damage mixed in. Just to know the risks are real, even for the 1050+ rated folks.

I haven't seen his stats, but based on his play I'm guessing most of his drives, approaches landed in C1 resulting in little to no C2 data. ?

You're right, I didn't think to look at that. He only had 5 total.

Watching final round MPO lead card, it was refreshing to see those guys struggle a bit in the wind. The earlier rounds when they were crushing the Jones course were fun in their own way. But it is a little more exciting to see some damage mixed in. Just to know the risks are real, even for the 1050+ rated folks.

Kind of like the US Open in golf. Much tougher course conditions keep the winning scores closer to par. It's sort of satisfying to see pros struggle a bit in both sports.

Really enjoy Philo on the Mike. Hope to hear more of that.

You'll see him a bunch this year on live :) On CCDG for Goat Hill this weekend too.

I'm really looking forward to a tourney with Eveliina, Henna Bloomroos, Kristin Tattar, Paige, Cat and Hailey. (I think Heather Young will be mentioned with this group before too long too.)

Unless Heather Young can add some distance, it's going to be very tough for her to hang with the rest of that list. Incredible putter though.

You'll see him a bunch this year on live :) On CCDG for Goat Hill this weekend too.

Philo is tremendous, however one thing that seems to catch me off guard is the lack of rule knowledge by him and Jerm. I heard him comment at one point that a player would've been better off going out of bounds so they could go back to their previous putting lie, but you are always able to do that (abandon disc rule). Would be nice if they knew the rules extensively to help out those that don't but trust they are correct since they are professionals.

For example, the lost disc rule: There was discussion about whether it was 2 or 3 minutes and when the time actually started. Rules like that (even if they don't often affect touring pros) should be a slam dunk.

Keep up the great work.

I have been asked which are the best discs and I always tell them, "the red ones".

Latest posts