• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA NT: 2021 Music City Open Sept 23-26

Paige at 13th...wow.

She had a 13th place in 2020. . .but before that you have to go back to 2008 to find her that far down the leaderboard.

It'd be interesting to see putting stats as a graph over time. See who is on the rise/fall or consistently performing at a high level. I'm sure Steve West could rustle such a graph up with his left hand while frying eggs.

Kinda feel like Robot Chicken is starting to get less robotic. It used to be pretty much a given he hits that C2 putt, but now I cant recall seeing one on coverage for a good while. But is it true or just the way I see it?

Yeah, I'd like to think The Almighty doesn't get involved with such trivial, human pursuits. But...

If I ever find out he's been playing favorites, or placing bets... :rolleyes:

That cheater got an advanced copy of the next issue...

1497100A21E341BE8A44F136C041B5FA3DE9E583.jpg

It'd be interesting to see putting stats as a graph over time. See who is on the rise/fall or consistently performing at a high level. I'm sure Steve West could rustle such a graph up with his left hand while frying eggs.

Kinda feel like Robot Chicken is starting to get less robotic. It used to be pretty much a given he hits that C2 putt, but now I cant recall seeing one on coverage for a good while. But is it true or just the way I see it?

He changed his step putt in the offseason. And his numbers are way down compared to previous years. He was around 33% the previous couple of years and 25% this year.

Hopefully he can get back to where he was, because he is throwing the disc better than in past years. Statistically.

JK did end up with 0% C1x putting in R4 , never seen that before.

It happens every now and then. You can click through the "Player Stats" section of each tournament in UDisc and you'll find plenty of them. Most of the time they finish pretty far down the leaderboard, but it's also possible that you just have to miss a couple of putts if everything else is a tap-in.

Some of my best rounds are 0% C1X. If you park everything and miss one or two 30' putts it works out.

Some of my best rounds are 0% C1X. If you park everything and miss one or two 30' putts it works out.

Thats tru, a "perfect round" would give you 0% C1x ( i think)

But i don´t think i have seen it before in a tournament of this level and a player in the top 10

For the very few holes we saw, JK seemed to be laying up everything from 30 and out. Not sure why since the baskets weren't placed near bunkers or on sloping greens. It was strange.

For the very few holes we saw, JK seemed to be laying up everything from 30 and out. Not sure why since the baskets weren't placed near bunkers or on sloping greens. It was strange.

Odds of making a long putt versus the odds of missing a long putt and missing the comeback. If you're not confident in making long putts, and you're also not confident making a long comeback, then lay it up.

Odds of making a long putt versus the odds of missing a long putt and missing the comeback. If you're not confident in making long putts, and you're also not confident making a long comeback, then lay it up.

She is a 5x world champ who has been playing for over 30 years. Typically those types of players don't lay up circle 1 putts

The two 5X Champs had 25% and 68% C1x putting. . .the 2x Cat had 65%

I do think the next multi world champ in FPO is a player that can putt at +80% week after week. . .SO many lost shots inside the circle

Surprised Logan Bowers didn't give this a shot. Is there some weird qualifying thing for fringe pros to get on an NT event?

He got married this weekend, from a post I saw on the local Facebook feed. Otherwise, he would have played.

He changed his step putt in the offseason. And his numbers are way down compared to previous years. He was around 33% the previous couple of years and 25% this year.

Hopefully he can get back to where he was, because he is throwing the disc better than in past years. Statistically.

While his C2 percentage may have dipped a bit, I'm guessing his percentage from 25-33 has increased as he is now using the same stroke from 0-40ish.

Putting yips literally were a big factor in driving JK into early retirement back in '06 - '07.

She has the ability to be a 60-70% c1x putter but she doesn't seem confident in 10 footers half the time.

I think there is just not enough good data available. Length of the puts should be more distinguished than just C1 or C2 in this case.

Putting yips literally were a big factor in driving JK into early retirement back in '06 - '07.

She has the ability to be a 60-70% c1x putter but she doesn't seem confident in 10 footers half the time.

Strange how many FPO players "lose their putt" . . JK, Jen Allen basicly turbo putt every short putt now after totaly loosing her putt.
Eveliina lost her putt in the Euro Championship. . .Cat have lost her putt over and over...Kona have changed her form multible times.

Strange how many FPO players "lose their putt" . . JK, Jen Allen basicly turbo putt every short putt now after totaly loosing her putt.
Eveliina lost her putt in the Euro Championship. . .Cat have lost her putt over and over...Kona have changed her form multible times.

Idk, JK lost her putt years ago and maybe it was never her best aspect. Jen has always been a bad putter and she's talked about being too busy in her private life to make disc golf a priority, her collapse at LVC was pretty epic though. Cat is just super inconsistent and has a weird putt, has for the past several years and Kona has never been a good putter, except for that one tournament, she's more like that what if story. Eveliina stands out, though.

There's stories on the MPO side too, as we see Paul has been struggling, GG keeps getting worse and has some truly awful tournaments, Nikko used to be one of the best putters in the world and is supposed to be one of the best practice putters ever and he's been struggling for years, Will S never got his back after the shoulder issues, Dickerson has dropped from 7th/6th in c1x/c2 last year to 43rd/45th this year.

Latest posts