• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA# tie breaker

My OP was in regards to the rule in general. But, the TDs here made it clear that changing the current system would be extra work that doesn't do anything.

I could see it impacting pros in coverage. Players get sponsored to be seen. Being on lead or chase card makes a difference in players exposure. So, figure out a fair way to decide the top 3 cards, good enough

Or don't. Obviously nobody wants to change it, so I'm happy to drop it.

I've always been a proponent of reverse pdga number. Reward the newest pdga members that shoot the same scores as the older members.

My OP was in regards to the rule in general. But, the TDs here made it clear that changing the current system would be extra work that doesn't do anything.

I could see it impacting pros in coverage. Players get sponsored to be seen. Being on lead or chase card makes a difference in players exposure. So, figure out a fair way to decide the top 3 cards, good enough

Or don't. Obviously nobody wants to change it, so I'm happy to drop it.

Perhaps it's not about fairness but about giving a more senior and presumably more established and popular player the spotlight and therefore attracting more eyes to coverage?

I happened to check the PDGA #'s of players tied after round 2 at the DDO and quickly found 2 instances where a player with a lower PDGA# was on a later card than players with higher #'s
example 1: Emerson Keith 47472 -15 goes out 1 card later than -15 players Chris Dickerson 62467, Silas Schultz 79047 and Isaac Robinson 50670.
example 2: Andrew Presnell 63765 -14 goes out 1 card later than -14 players Garett Everson 98164 and Ty Love 89959.

I happened to check the PDGA #'s of players tied after round 2 at the DDO and quickly found 2 instances where a player with a lower PDGA# was on a later card than players with higher #'s
example 1: Emerson Keith 47472 -15 goes out 1 card later than -15 players Chris Dickerson 62467, Silas Schultz 79047 and Isaac Robinson 50670.
example 2: Andrew Presnell 63765 -14 goes out 1 card later than -14 players Garett Everson 98164 and Ty Love 89959.

Dickerson, Schultz and Robinson all shot better second round than Keith. That is the first tie breaker. PDGA # only comes into play if these players all shot the same first round AND the same second round.

Dickerson, Schultz and Robinson all shot better second round than Keith. That is the first tie breaker. PDGA # only comes into play if these players all shot the same first round AND the same second round.

Ah, I see. I was under the impression that PGGA# was the first tiebreaker.

Ah, I see. I was under the impression that PGGA# was the first tiebreaker.

Previous round score, then previous previous round score, then previous previous previous, etc until you run out of rounds. Then PDGA number.

The issue the OP and others have with this rule is it is the only tiebreaker for round 2.

Previous round score, then previous previous round score, then previous previous previous, etc until you run out of rounds. Then PDGA number.

The issue the OP and others have with this rule is it is the only tiebreaker for round 2.

I'm over it.