• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA Updates Gender Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The general consensus of the entire world's scientific community"

^^^ DOES NOT MEAN JACK SQUAT ^^^

Aldous Huxley would be very proud of this general consensus though.

I mean, I'm not sure how to reply to that. Are you revolting against science itself? I'm not calling any of it FACT, because even the things we think we understand completely can be upended with new discoveries. So, you know, they're just the "general consensus of the entire world's scientific community"....until proven otherwise. That would apply to anything. But I think we can take it on good faith when so many people across so many studies from various fields all come to the same conclusion, that they might be on to something. Some basic physics breaks down in certain conditions...does that mean we can't "believe", or take advantage of the laws we've theorized until further understood? No, that would be silly. About as silly as saying it doesn't mean jack squat.

Huxley feared our own desire would ruin us. Controlled by pleasure, nobody would bother to care/fight back/read a book. Was that comment insinuating climate change is a conspiracy meant to control us (SD called it a fraud)?

Do computers get better every year? Why does a phone from 10 years ago suck now? What about the internet, at some point it didn't even exist? These things in our daily lives just show how science and our understanding advances at such a fast pace and we continue to learn all the time. Why is this any different for another subject?

"I like apple better than pc, I could probably build one better than bill gates he's wrong lul"

Why is this any different for another subject?

This is a rhetorical question, right? I mean, I could answer this, but oh boy, it would get messy in here. :|

(Whispered: Spoiler alert, and don't tell anyone, but it has something to do with patriarchy.)

Science is settled...... until it ain't. And please, before you eco-warriors who served with Cap'n Lardass on the good ship, Sea Shepherd, jump me like Michael Jackson on a Cub Scout.... I'm just saying a dose of scepticism is sometimes healthy.

Oh, I'm also more inclusive than you are and I'll fight you about it!

Attachments

• time1.jpg
    time1.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 42
Science is settled...... until it ain't. And please, before you eco-warriors who served with Cap'n Lardass on the good ship, Sea Shepherd, jump me like Michael Jackson on a Cub Scout.... I'm just saying a dose of scepticism is sometimes healthy.

Oh, I'm also more inclusive than you are and I'll fight you about it!

Yawn, I say, I say, Yawn.

Foghorn Leghorn

http://science.time.com/2013/06/06/sorry-a-time-magazine-cover-did-not-predict-a-coming-ice-age/

Look, some science is settled, when you drop a book, it falls. That temperatures are rising is simple enough. It isn't a hard experiment, you do it with a thermometer. The long-running outcome is less certain, sort of. What we know, from looking at past fossil records isn't good. For the naysayers, I suggest if you live in Kansas, you move. It used to be an inland sea, there are fossils.

Go read about the Thwaites Glacier in Antarctica. It's falling apart. No matter what the cause, if it goes, there's a ten-foot rise in the sea. When that happens, silly debates will be over.

https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2838/huge-cavity-in-antarctic-glacier-signals-rapid-decay/

Has this thread been moved to the water cooler forum yet? Can we talk disc golf again?

You are coming across here like a yokel barging into an NAACP conference on advancing African-American athletics, and talking (with great sincerity and no malice) about "coloreds" and "darkies." You're out of your depth, and you don't seem to realize it.

And you're coming across as someone with a radical political agenda that can't take any opposing views. When someone provides one you immediately launch into personal attacks upon that person, like the ones above in my quotation of your own post.

And you're coming across as someone with a radical political agenda that can't take any opposing views. When someone provides one you immediately launch into personal attacks upon that person, like the ones above in my quotation of your own post.

Reminder: you still don't exist. You tripled-down on calling transgender people "mutilated." Your "being taken seriously by Nova P" license expired days ago, and you only get further from the license office with every step you take.

Okay, this will cross into politics, but I no longer care. I'm tired of being attacked and lied about.

Dr. Carl Sagan one said "keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out." The Left is constantly saying "keep and open mind", but what they really mean is "change your mind to agree with what we say, or else."

The Left uses political correctness as a weapon, to stifle debate and silence those who are not in jackbooted lockstep with their political views. Political correctness is not a 1980s thing, it is a very real threat to the expression of the truth and facts TODAY.

When the Left hears something they don't like, they attack it as 'uninformed'. NovaP called my statement of a fact 'uniformed' because it was not in lockstep with her views. It was a personal attack and an attempt to 'refute' my facts because she cannot refute the fact that people with XX chromosomes are female and people with XY chromosomes are males. It is NovaP that made the accusation about another's thinking when faced with a fact that disagrees with her politically correct views.

It is NOT a travesty to stand up against political correctness in the name of the Truth. Political correctness, especially as weaponized and used by the Left, is an attempt to suppress the Truth, and it is going to lead to something much, much worse than the debate on this thread if people of integrity do not stand up against it and call it out for what it is.

It is a travesty to "stand up against political correctness". Being PC has been characterized by some to be a means to suppress the truth. The fact of the matter is before the term "political correctness" was coined, it was already being taught. My parents called it being polite.

From Merriam Webster: politically correct adjective
Definition of politically correct
: conforming to a belief that language and practices which could offend political sensibilities (as in matters of sex or race) should be eliminated

Eliminating language that is offensive is not suppressing the truth. It is asking people to treat others the way they want to be treated. Or like my mother called it "being polite". Using offensive language is a sign of intellectual laziness. A point, any point,can be made without being offensive. Sometimes it just takes a willingness to think of other people's feelings before responding.

Reminder: you still don't exist. You tripled-down on calling transgender people "mutilated." Your "being taken seriously by Nova P" license expired days ago, and you only get further from the license office with every step you take.

As if I need a license from YOU which I don't. But if your continuing personal attacks make you feel better, then by all means keep acknowledging my existence with them.

As if I need a license from YOU which I don't. But if your continuing personal attacks make you feel better, then by all means keep acknowledging my existence with them.

You know what I'm not doing with you? Discussing things that matter. Enjoy being in a low-effort oubliette.

Eliminating language that is offensive is not suppressing the truth.

By whose definition of 'offensive'?

Furthermore, beyond the dictionary and in practical terms: "political correctness" is used to attempt to suppress ANY speech or viewpoint that is not in lockstep with the suppressor's views, to stifle all opposition to the radical views of the suppressors (very most often the Political Left).

By whose definition of 'offensive'?

Furthermore, beyond the dictionary and in practical terms: "political correctness" is used to attempt to suppress ANY speech or viewpoint that is not in lockstep with the suppressor's views, to stifle all opposition to the radical views of the suppressors (very most often the Political Left).

Obtuse doesn't even begin to scratch the surface with you, grandpa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts