• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA World Championships 2022

Something about hole 1 that I hate. I get the risk/reward aspect, but a straight 275ish foot hole (or whatever it is) should NOT be seeing pros carding 6's and 7's. It is just ridiculous. Even some 'layups' go OB. On a hole like this, the premise should be rewarding REALLY good shots, NOT severely punishing mediocre shots.

There is just WAY too much weight being put on one shot, IMHO.

A simple change would be simple hazard rules if you don't land on the island. This rewards the good shot, without over-penalizing a less than perfect shot.

I know all the purists will say, but its great score separation. But does the end justify the means? Is someone taking a 2 really 4 shots better than someone taking a 6?

I just watched it for the first time. Is the drop zone the same for MPO and FPO? Last year the drop zone was by the creek and a pretty challenging throw. This year it's ~10' from the island? I'm not sure how anyone is making a 6 or 7 on that. With that DZ, I would never layup. Sure, likely to miss the island, but looks like a 4 should be about the worst case.

The throw from the layup (far side of the creek) is risky.

I just watched it for the first time. Is the drop zone the same for MPO and FPO? Last year the drop zone was by the creek and a pretty challenging throw. This year it's ~10' from the island? I'm not sure how anyone is making a 6 or 7 on that. With that DZ, I would never layup. Sure, likely to miss the island, but looks like a 4 should be about the worst case.

The throw from the layup (far side of the creek) is risky.

I saw that too. I am also wondering how in the world someone takes a 7??
Maybe running the DZ putt and landing OB takes you back to the DZ? I can see a 6 there, but still not a 7. With the wind fairly light today, hard to see landing OB from the DZ. But I guess it happened.

I saw that too. I am also wondering how in the world someone takes a 7??
Maybe running the DZ putt and landing OB takes you back to the DZ? I can see a 6 there, but still not a 7. With the wind fairly light today, hard to see landing OB from the DZ. But I guess it happened.

I'm thinking a bad drive (layup), then OB, so now you are at the DZ throwing 4. Have to 3 putt on the island then.

I could do it, but hard to imagine Tim Barham doing it.

From the PDGA site:
"the top MPO will be in Pool A, while the remaining MPO will be in Pool B. After all players have played both courses Wednesday, a shuffle will be performed, with the top players by score landing in the C and A Pools, respectively."

I like the fact that MPO and FPO on Jones Sup. had the same score for the leader. .
Quite a big scoring spread in FPO and 3 europeans in the top 5. . .and NOT the two Americans that i thought would be in the top.
As even as Tattar has been, it´s going to be hard to gain to much per round on her. .

Cats form looked wierd and her game looks way of. .

I've kept trying to get hyped for it but somehow I'm just not overly excited either.

I know people complain about these courses being dull to watch on coverage, but I think what I don't like about these courses is if somebody has a lead by a couple strokes it's pretty difficult to for somebody to catch them.

Sure you can hit plenty of OB but if any of the 1050 boys are up by 3 going into the final round I think it'll be a snooze fest. Players behind will have to play way too aggressive and might gain a stroke here or there but then give it right back on the next hole with an OB tee shot. A 1050 boy up by a couple strokes can throw lawn darts and cruise to a win. That's not fun to watch.

At least on wooded courses no lead is really safe. Still gotta hit gaps and stay in the fairway if you're gonna cruise to a win.

I don't think these courses are any less likely to produce large swings. For instance, through 6 holes yesterday, Dickerson outpaced Mcbeth by 6 strokes. For the final 12 holes, McBeth flipped the script and outpaced Dickerson by 7 strokes . Seems like there's a big chance to have swings just like any other course.

Also, it didn't seem like the OB caused the swings because each only had one OB stroke during their down stretch.

Latest posts