• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA World Championships 2022

I know all the purists will say, but its great score separation.

People who understand course design won't say that great score separation indicates a good hole. A good hole will have good score separation, but there are plenty of terrible holes with good score separation. There's a hole the pros played a couple times in the last few years. It was a really tightly wooded par 5 the first year, and was 400'. There were too many trees, and there were some 2s. There was a great scoring separation and no one thought the hole was good. Most people said par was set incorrectly. Some of the more seasoned course designers (biscoe sticks out in my mind) pointed out how the hole was designed poorly.

The next year par was changed, and I think some trees removed, but it still had a large scoring separation. No one thought the hole was any better (although the people talking about par being wrong generally stopped talking). It's just a bad hole.

I watched the front 9 of the go pro coverage and noticed the same thing about Cat's form. It almost looked like she was intentionally trying to jam her plant heel down super hard and it was sliding out from underneath her. It looked forced and not smooth at all.

I like the fact that MPO and FPO on Jones Sup. had the same score for the leader. .
Quite a big scoring spread in FPO and 3 europeans in the top 5. . .and NOT the two Americans that i thought would be in the top.
As even as Tattar has been, it´s going to be hard to gain to much per round on her. .

Cats form looked wierd and her game looks way of. .

I watched the front 9 of the go pro coverage and noticed the same thing about Cat's form. It almost looked like she was intentionally trying to jam her plant heel down super hard and it was sliding out from underneath her. It looked forced and not smooth at all.

It seems to have been like that for a while now. She was looking at the soles of her shoes a couple of times.

Why would there be different Pools if they didn't play different courses?

To allow more total entries? One pool plays Jones then Country Club. Other pool plays Country Club then Jones. After both pools play both courses, the players are separated again into top pool, bottom pool. Play 2 more rounds, then cut before final round where erbuddy plays together. I think.

Country Club F9 for FPO must be the highest par ever? ONE par3, 3x par5 and the rest is par4s . . Par 38 for the F9!

To allow more total entries? One pool plays Jones then Country Club. Other pool plays Country Club then Jones. After both pools play both courses, the players are separated again into top pool, bottom pool. Play 2 more rounds, then cut before final round where erbuddy plays together. I think.

Yep, 211 players total. No way you're getting them all on 1 course.

Seven of the top ten players in FPO after R1 is Innova Players . .didnt Innova loose all their players ;)

They should pick a hole (island 16, island 1?) and film all the cards. Jump to filler from that coverage instead of drone shots of all 9 trees in Kansas.

I heard that they were planning to do this for hole 16 at ECC. I guess we will see during today's coverage.

Lead group for MPO features what very well may be the 3 biggest arms in the sport along with Gossage who is not all that far behind in that sense himself. Welcome to Kansas with no wind.

Sidenote- If you watch Alden Harris' youtube content (imo the most entertaining of all the player's channels) you will have seen a lot of Isaac Robinson and a ton of Gannon Buhr- the 3 of them are playing together today along with Zach Arlinghaus.

Lead group for MPO features what very well may be the 3 biggest arms in the sport along with Gossage who is not all that far behind in that sense himself. Welcome to Kansas with no wind.

Sidenote- If you watch Alden Harris' youtube content (imo the most entertaining of all the player's channels) you will have seen a lot of Isaac Robinson and a ton of Gannon Buhr- the 3 of them are playing together today along with Zach Arlinghaus.

I see a lot of Alden and Gannon videos. It's cool to see these up and coming players together. Seems like it would be an important support element.

I understand... the question was if Pool A and Pool B played different courses yesterday. If they all played the same course they would have no reason to have Pool A and Pool B, they'd all be Pool A.

I understand... the question was if Pool A and Pool B played different courses yesterday. If they all played the same course they would have no reason to have Pool A and Pool B, they'd all be Pool A.

That's always how I've seen pools used. I just saw something about those with higher ratings being placed in pool A, and the PDGA rules have some stuff about carding players based on skill, and ratings are supposed to be for same course but also same or similar conditions. With the tee times and only 1 round per day, I thought it might be possible that the pools were for carding or ratings purposes.

Gotta admire Ohn being able to card a -5 with a pulled groin. Also have to wonder whether she'll be able to continue.

Tough final ~9 holes for Blomroos. She seemed like she got rattled after missing the putt for birdie on 9 and never really got her composure back.

Tattar no longer looks inevitable. Lead card tomorrow will be interesting. Will Tattar go on cruise control again? Or will Hansen, Gannon or Pierce reel her all the way in?

Tattar no longer looks inevitable. Lead card tomorrow will be interesting. Will Tattar go on cruise control again? Or will Hansen, Gannon or Pierce reel her all the way in?

It's a 5 round event. For the top players, there's still the equivalent of a whole tournament left to go.

On courses with lots of OB, and known for windy conditions. A lot can happen during over the next 3 rounds.

Could be 2 strokes separating three players through the 16th hole of the final round, or someone could win by a bunch of strokes.

Sit back and enjoy the show!
:popcorn:

It's a 5 round event. For the top players, there's still the equivalent of a whole tournament left to go.

On courses with lots of OB, and known for windy conditions. A lot can happen during over the next 3 rounds.

Could be 2 strokes separating three players through the 16th hole of the final round, or someone could win by a bunch of strokes.

Sit back and enjoy the show!
:popcorn:

Oh, yeah. I was more talking about the chatter yesterday.

At some point during the round today DGN posted up some graphic of the FPO leader board showing Kristin having an 86% chance to win. I don't know what formula they were using (probably something involving ratings, I imagine) but Lordy did I do a double take.

At some point during the round today DGN posted up some graphic of the FPO leader board showing Kristin having an 86% chance to win. I don't know what formula they were using (probably something involving ratings, I imagine) but Lordy did I do a double take.

It was in the 90s IIRC. Where can I bet the field for those odds?

At one point yesterday she was at 86% to win, and the player in 2nd was at 1% or less than 1%. They weren't more than 2 strokes behind.

It's not even a gambling thing though, it's UDisc odds that they generate in some way. I'm guessing their predictive abilities at UDisc for odds aren't very good...it isn't really their primary, or secondary, or tertiary business.

At one point yesterday she was at 86% to win, and the player in 2nd was at 1% or less than 1%. They weren't more than 2 strokes behind.

It's not even a gambling thing though, it's UDisc odds that they generate in some way. I'm guessing their predictive abilities at UDisc for odds aren't very good...it isn't really their primary, or secondary, or tertiary business.

Considering Paige had the second highest probability to win after R1, I'm sure it's based on historical performance which might as well be ratings based.