• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA WORLD'S in Charlotte 2012

I think they'll have smoking areas on the courses with few trees...

In the grand scheme of things I doubt that this will be a priority. I haven't been asked to review smoking area locations on the courses I manage, but if the worlds committee asks I will make them.

PDGA rules do not trump City and Park Rules. A few of the courses in Charlotte fall out of the major park system (even though in the same county) and they do not allow any smoking, at all. I would imagine that the Worlds committee will be mindful of those rules too. Bailey is one of those parks where smoking is not allowed, per the Park Department.

I am not trying to raise any controversy but does anyone in the Charlotte club know if there are going to be designated smoking locations? I know the PDGA made an amendment to allow for out of the way smoking locations at the majors this year and I wanted to know if that will be the case at Worlds this year. Thanks,

There has been discussion but no final decision on particulars yet. PDGA policy will be followed, and some parks may have defined smoking areas, or defined no-smoking areas. But in some parks it's out of our hands because the whole park is designated smoke-free by Parks & Rec Dept.

I would imagine this will come up again further down the line so any updates would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all the info.

I would imagine this will come up again further down the line so any updates would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all the info.

If the info is not ready for invited qualifiers packets next week it will be ready as part of the registrants confirmation package.

https://make-reservations.com/Hotel/United-States/North-Carolina/Charlotte/BLA/Blake-Hotel/PROMO-1468/booking.php

The reservation code for The Blake Hotel has changed. The link above will take you to their reservations page with the correct discount code. Plenty of rooms available at $89 per night.

89 a night is still to steep for me, does any anyone else recommended other hotel options

I've got a 4 bedroom house with basically "guest living quarters" (complete with a TV room/man cave, bedroom, and bath) upstairs and I thought about charging about $40 a night. I could fix complimentary breakfast and morning coffee as well. The problem is just me talking the wife into letting complete internet strangers to stay for that week of Worlds:\. I also have another bedroom downstairs with it's own bathroom that I could rent out at about $25 a night. I am seriously thinking about doing this. I could use the extra cash and someone on here would get a very nice place to stay for the week. My house is only 3 miles from Bradford, and it's relatively close to I-85 OR I-77.

Anyone can send me a PM if they are interested.

Damn, if I didnt already have a place to stay Id be in. We could shoot our guns in the air like the wildwest

I'm going to take Chain-addicted up on his offer. Just not for Worlds. Any random day will do. $40 is a small price to pay to have chain serve me breakfast, and get him in trouble with his wife.

Chain, I'll be there about 6 on Thursay this week. Will happy hour still be going on? Your wife is going to love me!

I'm going to take Chain-addicted up on his offer. Just not for Worlds. Any random day will do. $40 is a small price to pay to have chain serve me breakfast, and get him in trouble with his wife.

Chain, I'll be there about 6 on Thursay this week. Will happy hour still be going on? Your wife is going to love me!

Thats funny, I want pics of the condom suit though

I'm considering attempting to find a lodging trade...
I have an extra bedroom with a full size bed in my townhouse minutes from Elon Park in Charlotte.
I would like to find similar accommodations for Bowling Green.

Wondering if we will be able to Play Rock Hill?

I am assuming you are talking about Winny Gold?:confused:

If so, I would give that a "no". The ropes are only up during the USDGC which is the first week of October (assuming they even have it again this year). You cant play Winny Gold without the ropes up. It just is'nt Winny Gold.:|

(goes to thumb down Mashnuts "review" of "Winny Gold")

Damn, if I didnt already have a place to stay Id be in. We could shoot our guns in the air like the wildwest

You are definitely one person on this forum that I would have no problem let stay here at my crib my friend... sloppy on the other hand.... I dont know about that guy.

If any of you are wondering if staying at my place is "worth it", you could PM atl scott and ask him about my upstairs living quarters. He has stayed there. I also might be willing to use my minivan to taxi folks to the courses they are playing as well. Just some things I have been thinking about.

I am assuming you are talking about Winny Gold?:confused:

If so, I would give that a "no". The ropes are only up during the USDGC which is the first week of October (assuming they even have it again this year). You cant play Winny Gold without the ropes up. It just is'nt Winny Gold.:|

(goes to thumb down Mashnuts "review" of "Winny Gold")

Want to Play, may never get to.....Understand the ropes but still will make an attempt

Latest posts