• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pease Park Public Meeting - Attention Austin Area Disc Golfers

milow369

Birdie Member
Public Meeting to discuss future of Pease Park and Pease Park Disc Golf Course This Week!

Who: Austin Area Disc Golf Community

When: Thursday, June 17th 2010 - Meeting starts at 6:30 PM

Where: Senior Activity Center - 2874 Shoal Crest Ave. Austin, Tx.

What's at Stake: The Austin Parks department has announced that Pease Park in Austin Tx. will be closed without any intention of re-opening. Pease Park is a 20+ year old disc golf course that is part of Austin Tx. culture.

What you can do: Austin Area Disc Golfers - Show up, bring a friend or two, and pack the house. Make the city of Austin understand that disc golf is legitimate, and here to stay. Nothing makes a statement like a packed house.

Email Parks Director Sara Hensley and tell her to Save Pease Park Disc Golf:
[email protected]

- please keep it civil, just a couple lines why Pease Park should remain.

Thanks

If anyone has time and can go to this to show some support I think it'd be a good thing to do. We really don't want to lose this park.

Think about how crowded Circle C got when Searight was closed for renovations. If Pease closes it'll be the same thing all over again.

This is worth canceling (or at least postponing) Thursday night poker for. I'm getting on the horn now.

If i lived there i would come but im back in illinois. I still sent an email awhile ago and finally got a response back. It was the same email everyone else received.I am convinced that no one is even reading these, they just see O disc golf then send out that generic email to everyone.

Latest posts