• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Peer Pressure

I had a few buddies when my first started wanting me to throw wraiths an bosses an other such high speed disc. Luckily I found this site after my first time playing. I been useing nothing higher then a speed 7 disc well maybe speed 8 if you think a XS is a speed 8 some do. I will park some 300 to 350 ft holes an they do the same stuff what you throw I say eagle XS TL or teebird. I've pretty much took all the advice on disc to use on here after my first time I used a lepoard only for my first 4 to 6 months.

Once I know a disc will stick in my bag I wipe the stamp.
If I sink a put with a spider, gator or a comet that's my choice.
I find that if they can't id your disc they generally don't comment.

Sounds a little parinoid, but I like it. I'm actually surprised you even made a comment because you never know who's reading these. When I see someone throwing the same disc for the same shot during completions I pray to the disc golf gods that they don't know it's secrets like I do.

God help me if I ever try and tap herd mentality when marketing a product.

how many wannabes bought a stiletto

The AA is a **** disc, that's why nobody throws it.

duh

Be like bigsky, he can throw 300' :\ but be careful taking advise from DGCR posters with more time typing about discs than throwing them.

Real talk, I wasn't trying to shame anyone or have others pile on when I stated the obvious that AA are for newbs. -4 turn, advertised for slower arms, and only in production in DX plastic. I've thrown one and rollers are a dime a dozen so I CANNOT recommend especially when other molds that also roll are readily available in multiple plastics making them more useful at all skill levels.

BTW, if you've thrown a teebird and didn't think its flight path would be useful on the course, sorry keep practicing, you are a newb.

I succumbed to my individual peer pressure and bought an expensive DG backpack.

I should start another thread, but I was curious about others views on this.
Do you make suggestions on the course?
What is the best way to offer help?
Where does this practice cross the line?

I have a buddy who throws his Underworld on one hole in particular every time for a high anny. Sometimes he nails it, and other times it just turns and burns. So I told him the other day, I noticed that he's annying it quite a bit when it burns, but it's pretty level when he hits the shot, and he should just throw high and flat and focus on the snap and let the disc do the work. He took my advice, without the snap, and threw about a 400' bomb that pulled out of its turn way too early and wound up 100' past the basket with a huge clump of trees in his way. Needless to say, I felt bad for the suggestion. I think when the suggestion is made right before a throw, it gets into someone's head. But when I sit and talk to my buddy after a game, and we discuss what we did wrong, we have time to think it through for the next game and it works out better for us.

Yes, it comes with a certain sense of freedom.

Ignorance maybe bliss but its still ignorance.

It took me a while to figure out that I may need to take a step back and reconsider when someone says I'm clueless about something. Why buy all 1000 different frisbee molds when there are some for sure, its a lock, winners?

Never stop learning...

Attachments

• never stop learning.jpg
    never stop learning.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 19
  • never stop learning2.jpg
    never stop learning2.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 15
  • never stop learning3.jpg
    never stop learning3.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 20
Ignorance maybe bliss but its still ignorance.

It took me a while to figure out that I may need to take a step back and reconsider when someone says I'm clueless about something. Why buy all 1000 different frisbee molds when there are some for sure, its a lock, winners?

Never stop learning...
Not giving in to peer pressure ≠ ignorance, refusal to learn or evolve with the game. It just means I don't follow blindly simply because "that what the (m)asses are doing.

I use what works for me. Most of the time, it follows tried and true wisdom, but often enough, it flies (quite well) in the face of it. I just don't care what people might say about my choices.

At my club I hear more "I ONLY throw max weight." (with the word "only" said in a manner that stretches it out over 3 or 4 seconds)

When I ask why, I am told "Because that is what *insert name of local open player X* said he does and what he said I should do."

At my club I hear more "I ONLY throw max weight." (with the word "only" said in a manner that stretches it out over 3 or 4 seconds)

When I ask why, I am told "Because that is what *insert name of local open player X* said he does and what he said I should do."

For some people, there is definitely a macho mentality associated with throwing max weight. I have met guys who act like you are questioning their manhood if you suggest that they throw something a bit lighter.

people are such chumps. PLH over weight. of course 15g's are enough to feel different but if were talking 170g vs 175g discs, ill choose my desired PLH anyday

For some people, there is definitely a macho mentality associated with throwing max weight. I have met guys who act like you are questioning their manhood if you suggest that they throw something a bit lighter.

Big time! I feel sorry for people pressured out of light plastic because it's not 'manly' enough.

out of peer pressure I add led tape to my discs so prove my max weight disc is more maximum than yours.

This all day.

MVP's version is better...

Swedish plastic is the best...

Your form isn't good enough to realize the Gyro effect...

DX plastic is junk...

This lol. If you don't like an MVP disc, you clearly used it wrong.