• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Physical Flight Skirmish bag

Also when shooting your new videos could you make sure they are not vertical like the ones on your physical flight page. Shoot them horizontal, then you won't have the dreaded Vertical Video Syndrome (VVS) is a fictitious disease which satirically claims that those afflicted can only shoot videos in a portrait orientation, as opposed to the more viewer-friendly landscape mode.

Is it Christmas yet?

First things first:

Salient Discs was able to acquire the design rights to the "skirmish". Therefore the bag will not be a Physical Flight bag and will be the first Salient-Discs bag.

From here on out the skirmish will be known as the, "CATALYST" ,

My partner just announced this on the Salient thread also, price will be $119 and pre-ordering will begin this week. The quicker we get the pre-order up then the quicker everyone can receive the new CATALYST.

Salient will not have any pre-orders after this first run as we have the capital to always keep bags in stock.

Here is the link to the youtube video. Better pictures etc. will be up at www.salient-discs.com as well as the pre-order this week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=a4Rl-T3QDNU

Chris

So my question is what would you designate as the putter pocket? And is there a designated mini pocket as well

How many discs were in the bag during the video? Looks like it will hold more than 18, especially if the side pockets are used.

How many discs were in the bag during the video? Looks like it will hold more than 18, especially if the side pockets are used.

Main compartment had 14.

The upper compartment had 2 drivers and the side pockets each had a disc. Without over stuffing the bag you can get 16-18. Stuffing it to the brim and sacrificing all extra non disc storage 22 is max.

I rate capacity based on main compartment and upper storage.

Main compartment had 14.

The upper compartment had 2 drivers and the side pockets each had a disc. Without over stuffing the bag you can get 16-18. Stuffing it to the brim and sacrificing all extra non disc storage 22 is max.

One thing i absolutely love is putters can go in the vertical storage slots, that means no more wet putters in the rain!

Main compartment had 14.

The one side pocket (left) had 2 drivers in it when you opened it up and pulled them out and replaced them.

Either way, I count a max of 22 as well.

Cannot wait to see what colors will be available. Just have to convince the wife to allow me to pre-order NOW for my 30th birthday in October.

The one side pocket (left) had 2 drivers in it when you opened it up and pulled them out and replaced them.

Either way, I count a max of 22 as well.

Cannot wait to see what colors will be available. Just have to convince the wife to allow me to pre-order NOW for my 30th birthday in October.

The salient-discs website will be updated Friday with ptofessional photos for the bag and shoes. Orders for both will begin Friday/Saturdày morning.

That's a lot of bag for $119 :clap: I'm definitely happy I ordered my 2nd Run Contender but looks like the Catalyst would have been a fine choice as well. I'm really surprised at how many elements you were able to get into a bag at that price point: Durable material, plenty of disc storage, 4 side pockets, all in a comfortable backpack. The only thing missing is the mini pocket, but that's why the Contender is a better fit for me.

My one question is about the top pocket area. It looks like it would be a big open area similar to the Contender, but in the video it looked smaller on the inside...kind of like the Grip valuables pocket. I assume this is just an optical illusion because you can see the area is bigger on the outside.

Chris, what kind of capacity does that top pocket have. It looked like you just had a few items like sunglasses and a wallet. How much can you get in there comfortably? For comparison purposes how many 12 oz cans could you get in there?

Thanks for the video!

Latest posts