• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pictures (warning post contains pictures)

I watched a Norwegian document of ticks. It stated that deer and birds are the main carriers of ticks. That's why islands have the highest tick counts because deer and birds go there to avoid predators. Ticks are usually concentrated on the noses and throat area of deer. And the base of the beaks of birds.

Luke said:
The more you know.

:D The reason I mentioned that is that I got a rude awakening reading rare side effects of contracting diseases carried by ticks. Like impotency, four limb paralysis, death etc. And that's just for the fewer diseases that ticks carry in Finland compared to basically everywhere else. Just lately there was a Finnish doctor's thesis that showed that some diseases carried by ticks are antibiotic resistant and the symptoms can return decades later. The bacteria go to the tissues and are somewhat shielded from antibiotics. The underlying reason for these posts is a real worry about the well being of disc golfers many of whom play in tick infested areas. Protection certainly sounds better than a limp dick 8)

Didn't think this would happen in the summer. The plastic was all soft, too. :( Goodbye sweet turnover Roc.

IMG00321.jpg

roman" [img said:
http://www.notroman.com/dgr/IMG00314.jpg[/img]

I thought it was dead at first, but then I saw it move its ears and breathe. I felt it and it was very warm to the touch. I guess it was just hiding.

Maybe you knocked it out cold with that Wraith :lol:

Leaders group, day 2, Steady Ed Memorial Masters Cup NT 2009, Delaveaga DGC in Santa Cruz:
Nate Doss, Josh Anthon, Nikko Locastro, and Greg Barsby standing at "Top of the World" (hole 27, with the Pacific Ocean in the background).

Doss_Anthon_Locastro_Barsby.jpg

It's good you didn't...we had a really shitty round. We ended up just messing around and trying to throw thumbers and tomahawks on every throw. I also practiced my weak ass side arm.

Flagstaff golfers don't need no tall socks to protect against the scratchy plants.

I'll be down in PHX tomorrow rocking the short socks as I trundle through the desert launching the JLS from rocky ridge to cactus covered flats.

Latest posts