• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Pig v Zone

I have a r-pro pig that sticks really well where it lands, and I've also tried a classic blend suspect for this slot. The suspect seems to work well, and I haven't had the issues of it becoming mangled like some of the harp users are reporting.

I'd say give the pig a shot though, it's money for hyzer spike approaches and just sits by the pin

For most wind a zero hard or zero medium sinus or base plastic rhyno type disc would work really well because they are nice and slow but still quite overstable. More flexible and less durable plastic for less skip, but obviously they will beat up eventually. For nasty Texas winds where you want a total meathook I'd recommend an esp zone because it is nasty overstable, but a base plastic pig is a little slower and will stick better.

I converted from pigs to zones early this year and noticed pig stability varies significantly with dome. The domier examples are less stable, except for the blizzard champion runs.

Zones on the other hand are fairly consistent within each plastic. As pro-d wears in, the fade comes later in flight.

I have a puddle top esp zone that has been in the bag for 4 years, throw it as hard as I want, straight to 250-300, then fade, great on a forehand too. The most consistent disc in the bag.

I will probably shed a tear if I ever lose that disc, even if I have several backups(haven't needed them so far).

All commentary is spot on. I throw Pigs because I prefer the feel of R-Pro with my headwind putter. They stick perfectly, and are great to range because they are slower. Fantastic spike hyzer, upshot disc. The only issue is the inconsistency in production, and R-Pro losses LSS over time (similar to the Envy).

Zones are faster and will skip depending on the nose angle at release. The LSS is clearly evident at all times, which is a good thing.

This is purely a personal preference. Depending on your style of game, a Gator, Crosslap Credo, or the Prodiscus JOKERi will suit this shot as well.

zones are faster and typically more overstable (although plastics and weights affect this). zones tend to skip much more than a pig, pigs have a tendency to sit very close to where they hit.

zone people will tell you the zone is better, the pig people will laugh at them. read the above statement and decide which works best for you.

this.. but fwiw im a huge zone fan.. been throwing the same concave esp for almost 5 years now and thing is still beefy lol

Out of those two I'd go zone. But you might want to check out a medium or soft VP if you want a glide less brick that will stay where it hits.

You should try Prodiscus Jokeri. Best overstable putter out there, it will stick where it lands, and hold up to any head wind. Used it for upshorts, long putts.

I use the jokeri but keep wanting to go back to pro pigs. I have three Premis and my beat to shizz one is more stable than the two new ones but definitely less stable than when new. I guess I bought some duds.