• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Player's Course at Alum Creek to close for 9 months

agapedad

Eagle Member
Just saw the press release that the Player's Course at Alum Creek is going to close in October for 9 mwhile while they revamp the boat ramp.
This means that the Ohio meetup will be one of the last chances to play for a while.

I saw that too. DG is going to suck around here for a while. Hoover won't be complete again until late spring 2012 and The Players Course won't re-open until June 2012.

Hey roadtripstuff- how was the turnout down there this weekend?

I didn't go out for the tourney, not much into the tournament seen at this point. I do plan on playing some starting in the fall, going to take advantage of the extra months and join the PDGA in October.

I did just find out from the MOOD message boards, that not only will the course be closed, the work they are doing will completely get rid of holes 2 and 9 and the basket for 1 and the tee pad for 10 will need to be moved. Its unfortunate, but I guess they are working on plans to redesign the holes/course. I just can't believe they are having to do a redesign on a course that isn't quite 2 years old.

Latest posts