• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Playing with better players.

Really the only way to get better at anything is to be arond people who do something better than you. I'd say the only thing you'd have to worry about it some amatuers who think they should be pro can be dickheads but most people on the disc golf course are probably more than willing to help

I think the tip to play with better players is a good one. I know some people, however, that stick by this rule with a passion and never play with people that they percieve as worse than them. If everyone followed this rule, no one would ever play together. That makes me sad. :(

I think the tip to play with better players is a good one. I know some people, however, that stick by this rule with a passion and never play with people that they percieve as worse than them. If everyone followed this rule, no one would ever play together. That makes me sad. :(

I've only heard about one guy like that in our area... Fleshnutz but I havn't heard about him playing at all in a while.

It isn't because I'm better than you that I don't want to play golf with you, It is because I don't like you:eek:
j/k

Before upcomming tournaments, I tend to get ahold of my buddies who are better then me to help elevate my level. During the harsh winter months or if there is a long time between tournaments, I will get ahold of my buddies who aren't very competative and have some fun friendly rounds. Although I usually don't play as well, I do enjoy those perhaps the most because I am more relaxed. Most of my PR rounds come from this atmosphere but to be consistant, I must play around better players.

One reason i think that the better players are nicer and willing to give advice is because they were in the same position you were. They got better being nice and accepting advice, no one goes pro playing solo rounds i would think

i always try to play w better players well that is most of the regulars on my course as i have only been playin about a year. and i'm always happy to help new players and give them whatever advice i can. as a matter of fact last time i played my first round was w 2 guys playin their first round n they had ultimate lids and i even let them barrow a few of my discs and convinced them to go get a innova starter pack. even though it idn't take much cause all they had to do was throw golf discs. lol

I've only heard about one guy like that in our area... Fleshnutz but I havn't heard about him playing at all in a while.

It isn't because I'm better than you that I don't want to play golf with you, It is because I don't like you:eek:
j/k

Is the poor guy's name actually "Fleshnutz"?

IMO best may to get better. I shoot the best rounds of golf in a tournament when I get paired with those in a higher division.