PocketSand.bag

PocketSand

Par Member
I want to start documenting my bag and kinda wish I would've done so over the years.
Don't hesitate to throw out suggestions or feedback or whatever.

Star Wraith - Just added distance drivers to the bag. I went on a disc down mission years ago and just stuck with fairways ever since. I started playing again this year, and I need to expand my horizons if I want to even think about being competitive. I've always liked the way Wraiths feel in hand. I'll be honest, still trying to dial these in. More fieldwork sessions will bring me home though.
Echo Star Wraith - had a couple in the stash, might as well throw them.

Color Glow Firebird - Stiff. Firebird Stuff.
Sexton Firebird - Firebird stuff with pizzazz. Don't really need it in here but...
Candy Pro Firebird - Ultra pizzazz. A classic. Feels amazing.

Apex Alpha - First Run, White. Headwind Alpha. Straight with a decent amount of fade.
Apex Alpha - Third Run, Blue. Straight with fade. Super gummy with a nice dome.
Eternal Alpha - Second Run, Blue. Straight with a baby finish. Niiicccee.
Apex Alpha - Second Run, Purple. Super straight, super long. Super money. Holds any line. Down to my last one. Super scared to lose.

KC Pro Roc - Freshish.
DX Glow Roc - MSt Flat Top, Flies pretty much the same as the KC below for now. Getting most of the throws to break it in.
KC Pro Roc - Worked in, somewhat flat with that nice sunken dome.
Champ Roc3 - Yeah, I usually prefer flat Ranchos but these fly and feel similar enough and are more readily available for less than $10 as xouts sooo I keep one around for anytime I want to throw a Roc but don't want to throw my Roc if you know what I mean.

400G A3 - Beef. A shrunken Gator which is great for my whopper jr hands. Big fan of the feel of these rims both FH & BH. The tiny diameter helps speed it up, counteracting the lack of glide for some sneaky distance.
300 A3 - I really like this plastic. It's holding up well for me in the woods. It certainly has gained some glide though. This one flies just a little longer before hooking up with a more forward fade than the 400G. Looking forward to cycling these.
200 A3 - I just put this in this week. I want to beat one up a little faster since that 300 is holding up still.
400G A4 - Funky little guy. Has the great A3 hand feel. Straight with small fade. Very HSS. Will tightly pan out of an anhyzer to flat. Really enjoy throwing this one.
300 A4 - Good plastic, fun disc. Also excited to cycle these.

SS? Nikko Sig Wizard - throwing wiz, straight + baby fade, love this run
Fossil Wizards - putting

Nice bag, just a heads up for ya. I have a candy pro I love, turns out it's an FL. The rim is different. Damn I wish I'd had more of them.

Thanks! Mine is definitely an X mold but it's good to know FLs out there in Candy Pro. I'll have to keep an eye out. I bet they're also amazing.

Isn't it funny the discs you wish you would've picked up multiples of at the time? For all the extras I wish I had, I have twice as many dumby frisbees… Metal Flake TeeDevils anyone??

spring time baby let's go

Destroyer
Wave
Firebird
Alpha
Crave
Mortar
Roc
A2
Tempo
Bullet
Wizard

Waves are super fun to throw, fission is great. Took over for echo wraiths but feels more consistent somehow idk guess I'm activating it

Tempo is cool, kinda flys like a mini mortar for me

Had Hexes in there basically all 2023, had lost a few Rocs and thought it would be fun to give them a serious run. They def are fun, lot of Buzzz vibes blah blah blah. I feel a little stupid for putting the Rocs back in after how well the Hex performed for me but there were multiple times I'd just wanna throw a Roc shot, iykyk

spring time baby let's go

Destroyer
Wave
Firebird
Alpha
Crave
Mortar
Roc
A2
Tempo
Bullet
Wizard

Waves are super fun to throw, fission is great. Took over for echo wraiths but feels more consistent somehow idk guess I'm activating it

Tempo is cool, kinda flys like a mini mortar for me

Had Hexes in there basically all 2023, had lost a few Rocs and thought it would be fun to give them a serious run. They def are fun, lot of Buzzz vibes blah blah blah. I feel a little stupid for putting the Rocs back in after how well the Hex performed for me but there were multiple times I'd just wanna throw a Roc shot, iykyk
What kind of Wizards are in bag?

What kind of Wizards are in bag?
A pair of well seasoned fossils

When I saw the title of this thread, I was sure it was an advertisement for a new Whale Sac competitor.

Nice bag. Waves are my go-to for open holes, and varied weight/plastic Craves will do just about anything I ask them to (but now playing with the Stig for really US flights).
Hahaha, I can see it now. HyooMac Tour Series PocketSandBags, coming soon!

Yesss the crave is so freaking versatile i couldn't imagine not having a couple in the bag.

Tempo in a weird slot now, love it but the mold minimalist in me might need to change it up. Been rocking it since Sept but with the Rocs and Mortars back, idk

Gonna pull the A2 and Tempos for the weekend and instead roll with a couple Zones.

the mold minimalist

Spent last year really fixated on bagging fewer molds and fewer than 20 discs (to help justify my Rufus purchase...). The added benefit was to REALLY keep my disc purchasing down to replacements and the occasional tryout. Currently:

Wave (2)
Virus (2)
Crave (4)
Stig (1)
Jarn (1)
Hex (2)
Uplink (2)
Reko (2)
Berg (2)

There's still a fair bit of overlap, and a few VERY seldom used due to their specific flight based on weight/plastic/stability, but at this point, there's room in the bag...so why not keep 'em for when I sometimes need them...

But plenty of room for my signature Pocket Sand grip enhancer!

Latest posts